Light Sport CFI (CFIS)

rkiefer2

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
rkiefer2
I've got a few questions on this, so please chime in if you have experience or knowledge on this one. I recently purchased a Quad City Challenger II, experimental E-LSA. Looks like the FAA is and has issued several Letter of Deviation Authority (LODA) on these, so instructing becomes possible/legal.

While long-term I will be getting my CFI/CFII, it looks like its a much shorter putt for me to get the CFI Sport rating (CFIS). There is a demand for the sport pilots and the #'s make business sense.

Questions:
  • Can Light sport CFIs can legally be compensated based on this rating w/o a commercial license (commercial is not required for CFIS)?
  • Can I instruct in a E-LSA (w/LODA) + floats if I have sea plane rating and CFIS?

Any help or guidance is appreciated.

Roger

Where is the rule that you can't be compensated when exercising the privileges of your flight instructor with a sport pilot rating certificate? (Hint, there isn't one, just like for "real" CFI.)
You need an endorsement for category and class.

You’re not making money on your pilot certificate, you’re making money on your CFI cert. so yes.

I’m not sure about the sport CFI, but I’d wager YES, as a normal CFI who has a SES on their pilot cert can instruct in float planes as well.

Back