Light airplane down in Japan

ollopa

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
ollopa
Seems just a few hours old at this time and details are slim. Two males perished in the plane and one female on the ground. Look like it happened pretty close to the airport.

Reason I'm posting is to see if anyone recognizes the model from the tail section.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• tail.jpg
    tail.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 246
  • overhead.jpg
    overhead.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 243
  • airport.jpg
    airport.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 244
Now being reported as a PA-46.

I took some visiting Japanese high school kids on a daytrip in a C182 yesterday. When I got home, my wife told me about a "Cessna" down in Tokyo so... All across the world, every light aircraft is a "Cessna!"

They say it crashed immediately after departure. There's a video of it departing over a soccer field just moments before it crashed.

Last edited:
Thanks for letting us know that 6,000 miles away a small plane crashed.

Thanks for stopping by to contribute nothing to the thread. Wouldn't be the first time a foreign accident was discussed here and you're always welcome to just ignore it if you're not interested. Also, now that my original question has been answered you could have just let the thread die. :dunno:

Thanks for letting us know that 6,000 miles away a small plane crashed.

You're welcome. I'm now going to start a thread on the N Korea accident, c'mon over and you can contribute there too.

For sure a PA-46. The give away are the rods going to elevators and vents on the tail section.

Now being reported as a PA-46.

I took some visiting Japanese high school kids on a daytrip in a C182 yesterday. When I got home, my wife told me about a "Cessna" down in Tokyo so... All across the world, every light aircraft is a "Cessna!"

They say it crashed immediately after departure. There's a video of it departing over a soccer field just moments before it crashed.

Boy is that a sickening sound when it hit...:sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:

Boy is that a sickening sound when it hit...:sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:

This.

Unfortunate that this had to occur, but also that the neighborhood the plane crashed into is so tight (as Japanese city layouts tend to be.) Glad the number of injured/fatalities wasn't worse.

In other news, the Japanese blur out kids soccer games just like they do their por.....

Ahhhh, never mind.

Back