Life in the Arts

Lawreston

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Harley Reich
It's no route to wealth and 2nd retirement, but it sure beats just sitting around. This was the Georgetown Working League Fair, income to go toward scholarships for Georgetown students. I was positioned just outside the main tent. Sales were decent across my various pieces. These shots are bad because the sun was never where I needed it when I was ready to take a picture. My books seem to be popular. Several artists(painters) of International repute were represented in the main tent. They either live here in Georgetown or have long been associated with it for many years. (and the weather was perfect for the outdoor occasion.)

HR

Attachments

• DSC03383.JPG
    18.7 MB · Views: 18
  • DSC03385.JPG
    18.6 MB · Views: 13
Particularly interesting was the gentleman from New Jersey who said, "I should have bought it when I saw it. I was here last year and should have bought that canvas of the cormorant taking flight. You don't have it displayed this year." Suffice it to say, we've made arrangements to get another one for him(It's been a good selling piece). The original image from which the canvas was done is below. It was on a day of the crappiest fog I'd ever seen at the public boat launch and I waited 45 minutes before I was able to get this shot(the 2nd one). The bird kept leaving the mooring ball on which he was sitting but I'd miss the shot. But he kept coming back to the mooring ball. I think the sucker was playing with me.

HR

Attachments

• DSC04794(1).JPG
    DSC04794(1).JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 15
  • DSC04795(2).JPG
    DSC04795(2).JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Back