Life hacks

saracelica

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
saracelica
Sitting at lunch table eating lunch. Someone walks in and says want to help support lupus? Sorry I don't have any cash (true) she goes to others they ask her questions about lupus and has no answers. Seriously if you're going to ask for money for whatever. Know the cause.

Probably just trying to get a few bucks and scam on out. If they don't know about the cause they are collecting money for that is a yuge red flag.

Her sisters husband brother has it I think was the story.

“I don’t have any cash but does your organization have a web site?”

I don’t give money to any of those pan handlers. I don’t trust them as far as I could throw ‘em.

Not to mention how anyone can get a job nowadays, so there’s no excuse to just ask for handouts. Go get a job like the rest of us!

my pastors wife actually has it, but I don't know much, but my wife talks to her all the time, and she knows a bunch about it, but not asking for anything either......

It's an autoimmune disorder. I have an autoimmune disorder. I demand you all buy me lunch, or throw large denomination U.S. paper cash at me, your choice. LOL

"Give to the United Pilots' College Fund, because the mind is a terrible thing!"

True story...was packing up my gear after a gig in downtown Syracuse a few years ago, and walking down the sidewalk w/ a 60lb 88-key keyboard in one hand and a 40 lb amp in the other.. car was about a block away. Able-bodied dude walks up to me as I'm bulling my way to my car a block away and asks for a dollar. I offered him $5 if he'd help me load my gear, which would have taken him 10 minutes (and paid him more than I made, figured at $30/hr, at the crappy gig I had just played). He scowled at me, told me to f@÷@ off, and walked away quickly.

Since then, it's real hard for me to take these guys seriously. I frequently offer to buy them a burger or something if we're near a place, but they never take me up on it. Hmmmmm....

Nate, you're starting to think you're an airplane...:eek:

Wellll... the insurance company did just pay enough to buy a Skyhawk in two weeks of one drug... yikes. I hadn’t thought of it that way until you said that. Haha. Wow.

I thought it was fairly amusing when the lady representing MADD came in to the pub looking for donations. The conversation was polite on both sides.

Back