Life and times as a A&P-IA

Tom-D

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
Tom-D
Gotta a call last night from a regular customer I see once a year about this time.
"Tom, Can we do my annual this weekend? "

"Sure meet me at my new hangar about 0900 tomorrow, bring your own oil and filter and any other parts you need "

He shows right on time and we get right to work, did the engine stuff first and got it cowled up again changed the bracket air filter, the oil, and filter, cleaned the plugs and completed the compression check. all was good no discrepancies.

Then we did the wheels tires and breaks no discrepancies there either, but serviced the bearings and put it all back to gather again. Inspected, lubed the airframe opening and closing as I went, checking the cables and pulleys and interior got that all closed up and went to lunch ((he bought) airport cafe), after lunch I completed the cockpit inspection, and new seat AD, plus the ELT required test, and all the required placards.

All in all a very nice C-185, the only discrepancy I could find was two worn cowl flap actuator bolts. we replaced them. did the paper work and was on my way home at 1600.

It pays to keep your aircraft in good repair and not load the annual with extra work for the IA. A flat clean annual at $500.00.

My kind of work. Exactly the way it should be done. You'd enjoy living in Texas.

Gotta a call last night from a regular customer I see once a year about this time.
"Tom, Can we do my annual this weekend? "

"Sure meet me at my new hangar about 0900 tomorrow, bring your own oil and filter and any other parts you need "

He shows right on time and we get right to work, did the engine stuff first and got it cowled up again changed the bracket air filter, the oil, and filter, cleaned the plugs and completed the compression check. all was good no discrepancies.

Then we did the wheels tires and breaks no discrepancies there either, but serviced the bearings and put it all back to gather again. Inspected, lubed the airframe opening and closing as I went, checking the cables and pulleys and interior got that all closed up and went to lunch ((he bought) airport cafe), after lunch I completed the cockpit inspection, and new seat AD, plus the ELT required test, and all the required placards.

All in all a very nice C-185, the only discrepancy I could find was two worn cowl flap actuator bolts. we replaced them. did the paper work and was on my way home at 1600.

It pays to keep your aircraft in good repair and not load the annual with extra work for the IA. A flat clean annual at $500.00.

Back