License pulled for medical deficiency??

RogerT

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
RogerT
An aquaintance on another forum said that the FAA had sent him a letter suspending his pilot certificate for a detached retina from several concussions. I think this was some time ago .. not recent. Now I can see them pulling a medical cert if they're aware of a deficiency .. but the pilot certificate? I would think something like that could result from you getting caught flying during a medical deficiency .. not just for the deficiency itself.

What's the scoop?

RT

sounds like he failed to disclose the concussions? Wonder how they found out about them?

Without knowing the specifics of the case, there's no way to know what the "scoop" is. However, I agree with Unitedcap that it is highly unlikely that it happened as you said. The most likely truth is that either the pilot disclosed the condition in a timely manner and did not violate 61.53 in the interim, but the medical certificate was revoked upon the disclosure, or the pilot either failed to disclose on a medical application (violating 61.59) or violated 61.53 by flying with a disqualifying condition, and the pilot certificate was revoked.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back