Levils new stuff - ADS-B and more - neat design

Portable Units Prohibited:
ADS-B Out avionics require a valid Mode S code (ICAO) to be transmitted to ATC other ADS-B aircraft. Mode S codes are unique to each aircraft programmed into transponders and ADS-B Out avionics. Mode S codes remain static until a change in aircraft registration or identification (N-number) occurs. Portable units require users to input the Mode S code assigned to each aircraft flown. A high number of Mode S code entry errors have occurred with this procedure, which prevent proper target correlation within ATC automation systems (target drops/traffic conflict alerts), which have resulted in increased workload and unnecessary distractions for pilots and controllers.

There may also be a requirement for the power source be connected to the aircraft electrical system, not battery powered.

Very creative ADS-B Out solution. I hope they can get it certified.

The only thing not to like is their "Beacon" logo, when read quickly looks like "Be Icon" Just sayin' ;)

Portable Units Prohibited:
ADS-B Out avionics require a valid Mode S code (ICAO) to be transmitted to ATC other ADS-B aircraft. Mode S codes are unique to each aircraft programmed into transponders and ADS-B Out avionics. Mode S codes remain static until a change in aircraft registration or identification (N-number) occurs. Portable units require users to input the Mode S code assigned to each aircraft flown. A high number of Mode S code entry errors have occurred with this procedure, which prevent proper target correlation within ATC automation systems (target drops/traffic conflict alerts), which have resulted in increased workload and unnecessary distractions for pilots and controllers.

There may also be a requirement for the power source be connected to the aircraft electrical system, not battery powered.

The ADS-B Out device didn't look portable to me. It looks like it has to be properly/permanently mounted on the underside of the aircraft.

Very creative ADS-B Out solution. I hope they can get it certified.

The only thing not to like is their "Beacon" logo, when read quickly looks like "Be Icon" Just sayin' ;)
I read it as bacon

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

This is why we haven't pulled the trigger on ADS-B out yet. I think more and more simple solutions will be created and make the mandate more affordable.

This is why we haven't pulled the trigger on ADS-B out yet. I think more and more simple solutions will be created and make the mandate more affordable.

Technology and easier PMA standards will hopefully keep competition's accelerated pace moving before the deadline. It has really been interesting to see the range of new products come out for GA. Just saw this:

http://www.avweb.com/videos/TKMs-KX155-Radio-Replacement-228812-1.html

After overhauling my KX165 for about $1K, it'll be interesting to hear any feedback from others that might go down this path in the future 155/165 replacements. Wouldn't it be nice to have a slide in replacement for an old, reliable, bullet proof KT76... even though wiring GPS antenna would be required?

I like the idea and I think they've got a hell of a good way of going about it. If they can bring those devices onto the market for the prices they are talking about, they will make a bundle.

On the other side of that coin, I worry about a "high tech" company that can't spell "powerd" correctly on their booth banner. That indicates to me a lack of concern for detail.

Jim

I like the idea and I think they've got a hell of a good way of going about it. If they can bring those devices onto the market for the prices they are talking about, they will make a bundle.

On the other side of that coin, I worry about a "high tech" company that can't spell "powerd" correctly on their booth banner. That indicates to me a lack of concern for detail.

Jim
Is it any stranger that "pwned"?

Back