let's support a DPE/CFI/CFII/ATP newly suffering from cancer

AndyMac

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Andy
Fellow Pilots,

Can I introduce you guys to Mark Linsley? He was the DPE for my PPL, and is a legend of a pilot here in Michigan. Unfortunately, after giving a kidney to a family member (~5yrs ago), he has been diagnosed with cancer in the other.

I'm not close with Mark or his family, but I really look up to him as an honest and fair examiner, an amazing pilot, and a faithful, loving husband and father.

He has done so much to support the aviation community - I was hoping we could return the favor.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/support-for-mark-linsley-family

What do you think?

You know, I first said "NO, you are just some RGOI."

But then, Karma is a beyotch, and I am not an eyesole. No soy latte tomorrow for me, good luck Mark.

But then, Karma is a beyotch, and I am not an eyesole. No soy latte tomorrow for me, good luck Mark.
Same. Although I don't drink coffee.

What is an RGOI?

Thanks for your generosity guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Random guy on the internet.

If you're not close with him, how do you know he's a faithful, loving husband and father?

Random guy on the internet.

If you're not close with him, how do you know he's a faithful, loving husband and father?

Does it matter? You are either willing to help a stranger or you are not. If you don’t that doesn’t mean you are a bad person.

There really such a thing as a soy latte and you actually enjoy it?

He’s a pillar of our local airport community. I haven’t spent a ton of time with him, but I’ve heard the way people I do know and trust talk about and revere him. I suppose I can’t attest to it first hand but people I trust do.

I hope that’s okay.

Still appreciate it.

Does it matter? You are either willing to help a stranger or you are not. If you don’t that doesn’t mean you are a bad person.

I thought the kidney story was enough. Dunno why the tacked-on detail was even there, does that extra stuff add a certain percentage to the collection-plate haul? I don't know if my best friends are faithful and loving. I wouldn't believe anyone's attestation about the private lives of others.

I resisted posting "He should just go ask for that kidney back, duh" all morning. I am very probably a bad person. o_O

I resisted posting "He should just go ask for that kidney back, duh" all morning. I am very probably a bad person. o_O

Maybe, maybe not - either way, it’s at least a little bit of a funny thought.

As to the rest, you might be right. I was just trying to describe Mark to the best of my knowledge. You’re right that he’d still be worthy of support without some of those qualities, and I thank you for yours. If he isn’t faithful and loving, he hides it well

There really such a thing as a soy latte and you actually enjoy it?

Yes there is, and no, I don't, the lyric was just stuck in my head today. Although my wife uses Oatmilk for coffee, and on occasion I have had to, and it is not the worst.

I thought the kidney story was enough. Dunno why the tacked-on detail was even there, does that extra stuff add a certain percentage to the collection-plate haul?

I venture it does add a percentage, I perceive details like that as a sort of a secret handshake for evangelical folks. Doesn't really influence me, but doesn't bother me either. I am pretty sure I have never seen a GoFundMe with the description "committed atheist and wife beater," that would influence me for sure.

Back