Let's see what tags you come up with.

spiderweb

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ben
I wanted to fly today so I went to the airport. I saw that there were some puffy-ish clouds, and then the briefer had said it might drizzle. So, I decided that I -would- fly, but that I should take some extra precautions.

First of all, while my instructor and I were preflighting (I never trust myself to do this alone), I asked if we could have a second instructor come along--just so there'd be one more pair of eyes looking at that weather situation.

I'm glad I did that! It did turn out to rain a little bit, after all! I only got a bit nervous, but then decided to take some executive action, and I terminated the flight. I mean, I know I'm instrument rated, and all, but that drizzle was messing up the view out the windscreen. Anyway, we got out of the pattern, and on the ground, fast! Safety first, I always say.

I was so thankful to have the additional instructor. They both really saved my bacon, so I took them out to lunch.

Next time, I'm going to be doubly careful, and ask as many questions of that darn briefer as I can!

:wink2:

I wanted to fly today so I went to the airport. I saw that there were some puffy-ish clouds, and then the briefer had said it might drizzle. So, I decided that I -would- fly, but that I should take some extra precautions.

First of all, while my instructor and I were preflighting (I never trust myself to do this alone), I asked if we could have a second instructor come along--just so there'd be one more pair of eyes looking at that weather situation.

I'm glad I did that! It did turn out to rain a little bit, after all! I only got a bit nervous, but then decided to take some executive action, and I terminated the flight. I mean, I know I'm instrument rated, and all, but that drizzle was messing up the view out the windscreen. Anyway, we got out of the pattern, and on the ground, fast! Safety first, I always say.

I was so thankful to have the additional instructor. They both really saved my bacon, so I took them out to lunch.

Next time, I'm going to be doubly careful, and ask as many questions of that darn briefer as I can!

??????? :dunno:

Wouldnt want drizzle to mess up your visability, thats tough even for an IFR pilot.

Good call -_-

You did the right thing. There are old pilots and bold pilots but no old bold pilots. Better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air then in the air wishing you were on the ground. If everyone was as smart as you the GA safety record would be much better. Bet if you ask mom she will park the Escalade across the end of the driveway so you can ride your bike in safety.:D

Don't leave the computer unattended when the dog is in the room?

I'd tag, but I don't know how.

87005-6278107Fr.jpg

I know how.

What's tagging? Is that some form of twitter?

Lol almost everyone took the bait except....

You did the right thing. There are old pilots and bold pilots but no old bold pilots. Better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air then in the air wishing you were on the ground. If everyone was as smart as you the GA safety record would be much better. Bet if you ask mom she will park the Escalade across the end of the driveway so you can ride your bike in safety.:D

She only has a Suburban, unfortunately. It cost a lot to put me through my Bachelor's in Peace Studies at Dartmouth!

I still don't think you'll ever find out who's the bunghole who keeps putting obnoxious tags on your posts. :mad:

That'd be a shame. I was hoping to get to know him.

That'd be a shame. I was hoping to get to know him.

I thought tagging threads inappropriating was consided a violation of POA rules of conduct.

If you ask politely, I'm sure the mods would be happy to deal with it for you.

It's really a pretty passive-aggressive and immature thing to do.

PS - yolo #swag

They've been on it for a couple of days.

This is more funner.

two new ones! I especially like "wet cello!"

It's truly scary stuff.

on my 2nd solo flight, it was severe clear but as we would say in the south "The Devil is beating his wife with a frying pan" and some rain started dropping on me. I went D-> back to the airport in a panic. My flight instructor laughed.

Ben, you know I love you, man, but having a third empty seat with no Highly Trained Professional Pilot in it- that's just ignorant.

Carry on.

What's Yolo swag? A silver cow patty?

[Yolo = farmland north and west of Sacramento]

Good ole Yolo county airport. When I was in the Golden Knights we went there (july 2012?) to do a tandem camp. Up down up down up down to 13,000 and back. I think I saw the famous Reno racer VooDoo while I was there.

Back