Let's not forget the rolly things, boys

hhmmm, a bonanza gear up..........I'm trying to recall if I've ever seen that before......................really really trying to dig into the memory banks.........hhhmmm, bonanza gear up...........man, I'm somewhat drawing a blank here........hhhhhhmmmmmmm.........

And the cleanest it will be until they start the engine again.

That's an expensive oops

And the cleanest it will be until they start the engine again.

That's an expensive oops
Ruddervators look fine. The rest will buff out.

Looks like he landed way off the center line, and then pulled the gear up to cover.

The question always is, did the pilot know he was going to have a gear up landing or not?

Eman, you’re not gonna believe this… but a very good friend of mine DID THE VERY SAME THING! Whoa… well, not exactly the same, his plane was silver.

What’s it sit off the ground, 18 inches? He said it was the longest 17 inch descent of his life! Nuffin he could do….

Eman, you’re not gonna believe this… but a very good friend of mine DID THE VERY SAME THING! Whoa… well, not exactly the same, his plane was silver.

What’s it sit off the ground, 18 inches? He said it was the longest 17 inch descent of his life! Nuffin he could do….
Even if you know it’s going to happen because you can’t get the gear down it’s still a long 17 inches!

I feel absolutely feel like poo when I just flat spot a tire being overly aggressive on the binders. I can’t imagine that hollow feeling in your gut after parking her on the active! I do NOT fly retracts, so pardon my ignorance, but ain’t there some kinda warning buzzer/light/slap upside the head thing when you got all the flaps in, slow, and a certain amount of AOA? I mean beside the checklist? Nobody got time for checklists!

Not sure but the belly might just buff out using enough elbow grease and benjamin's. The really sad part is looking at the photo closely and seeing the curled up prop tips ...

I feel absolutely feel like poo when I just flat spot a tire being overly aggressive on the binders. I can’t imagine that hollow feeling in your gut after parking her on the active! I do NOT fly retracts, so pardon my ignorance, but ain’t there some kinda warning buzzer/light/slap upside the head thing when you got all the flaps in, slow, and a certain amount of AOA? I mean beside the checklist? Nobody got time for checklists!
On most of those models, there was a SB to you get a light and sound when you have full flaps or low throttle setting set and the gear isn't down.

Last edited:
Margy's instructor said that he told a woman that if she advanced the throttle slightly that beeping would stop.

So there I was, ironically, in a T-34C… a bo on steroids… on my safe for solo check. Engine failure drill, I’m all lined up on a nice field, landing checklist… “three down and locked…”

Inst: uh, do that again…
Me: three down and locked.

Inst: again
Me: three down and locked

T-34 has either little wheel pictures, or the word “up”

Inst: READ ME what you see in indicator and do landing checks again
Me: “up up up, three down and locked… NO WAIT…!”

Geesh. I laugh, I kid, I NEVER get judgy.

Photo captured on final by drone..

View attachment 127870

I know of an incident like that. An aircraft came in at an undisclosed airport and forgot the gear. Once it slide to a stop, the two occupants evacuated immediately...sans clothing. The fire guys had to keep them away from the aircraft "for their own safety".

I know of an incident like that. An aircraft came in at an undisclosed airport and forgot the gear. Once it slide to a stop, the two occupants evacuated immediately...sans clothing. The fire guys had to keep them away from the aircraft "for their own safety".

Friend of a friend, right? ;)

Yet another bug in the Bonanza design that Beech fixed when they advanced to the Musketeer.

Back