Let's FLy

gmwalk

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
gmwalk
I am X-posting this at the red board also.

I have been looking into various options for aircraft ownership. Owning a plane, to me, is like owning a boat. It is available when you want it, but for most of the time it sits waiting to be used. I think if I could find a partnership or shared ownership arrangement that would be good. Right now, sue to work and family schedules, I fly mostly during the week. I do fly once in a while on weekends but not often. Also, shared ownership would reduce (I hope) the cost of flying. Right now I rent for $90-$100 per hour. I have, therefore, been looking into partnerships and clubs.

I stumbled across Let's Fly on the web. There don't seem to be any cooperatives in my area. But I would like to get people's feedback on this. Does it work? Has anyoune set up a new cooperative? What does Let's Fly give you for the $4700 they charge to start a co-op?

I am not looking to have the plane as a business but to get a good plane and fly it at less than it would cost with just me as the owner.

Never heard of them if they are charging your $4700 just to set up a club or partner you in a plane it seems pretty steep. However if they are doing other stuff it may be worth it. Post the full website.

gmwalk said:
I stumbled across Let's Fly on the web. There don't seem to be any cooperatives in my area. But I would like to get people's feedback on this. Does it work? Has anyoune set up a new cooperative? What does Let's Fly give you for the $4700 they charge to start a co-op?

I am not looking to have the plane as a business but to get a good plane and fly it at less than it would cost with just me as the owner.

There's someone who used to be on the red board - Phil something, somewhere in Georgia - who runs a Let's Fly co-op. I think his web site was "letsflyga" instead of "letsfly". Sorry I can't remember more right offhand, but if you posted on the red board I'm sure he'll answer if he's still around.

I looked at it too, but it really is a "business opportunity." I think what you're looking for is a flying club. Ask around your local field(s) to see what's already out there. If nothing to your liking, a few flyers posted at the FBO is a good start. AOPA just updated their "how to start a flying club" page:

http://www.aopa.org/members/pic/ac/flyingclubs/

Back