Let the flaming begin

To this casual pilot, seems like a pretty good article. Probably written by a casual pilot who did some research.

The only thing that stood out to me is that I didn’t think most commercial aircraft, from commuter to the biggest airliner had the capability. I believe most pilots aren’t qualified but many aircraft are not capable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

To this casual pilot, seems like a pretty good article. Probably written by a casual pilot who did some research.

The only thing that stood out to me is that I didn’t think most commercial aircraft, from commuter to the biggest airliner had the capability. I believe most pilots aren’t qualified but many aircraft are not capable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Most modern airliners are Cat 3 capable either by use of the HUD, or autoland.

The company has to have ops specs and, of course, pilot training to be able to do it.

I have done hand flown 0/0 landings in the simulator only, but three 600 rvr landings in real life. I can tell you, the difference between a 600 rvr and 0/0 is not much.

After using both systems, I would happily take the HUD over autoland any day!

as a side note, both of my kids got to fly the sim when I went to upgrade a few years ago. both were able to accomplish cat 3C approaches with the HUD. It's just a big video game to them!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

All aircraft have autoland...... at some point, it will land albeit it probably not in the intended place under ideal circumstances.

Back