Lessons too close together?

Sarah - if you can take in and comprehend all of the information thrown at you, then I'd say go for it. Flying three days consecutively will definitely help when learning how to land!

I can't think of any downside to taking two lessons a day if you and your CFI are on the same page insofar as pre- and post-flight briefing is concerned. S/he should take time to review each lesson and talk about the upcoming lesson and any reading you should do prior to that lesson.

Back in the day, we had a student get his private in three weeks doing that.

Bob Gardner

I get every other Friday off at my job in addition to weekends. When I started flight training, I scheduled lessons for every Saturday and Sunday, and every Friday I had off. I was very lucky with the weather and almost never had to cancel. I noticed that I was always a little rusty on my first lesson of the week after a 5-6 day break, especially with landings. It wasn't that bad, and got better as I became more experienced, but it was noticeable.

By the third day in a row of lessons, I was really on my game. I didn't feel burned out at all, just more in tune with the airplane the I was the previous two days. I kept training at this rate until I soloed. Then cash flow forced me to slow down, but the less frequent lessons weren't as much of an issue since I had built up the basic motor skills of flying.

consider yourself very lucky to have the time and money to fly that often. i haven't been in 4 months. good luck to ya

Go for it! I'd advise recording the sessions... GoPro or whatever. Reviewing the videos was a great help for me... you can see things, gauges, control movements, outside stuff that is invaluable, and probably missed while you were under pressure. Just pop a little external microphone (bean-sized) into one of your ear cups, so you can record the audio and review your radio work.

Then you really have no basis of comparison, do you? And since you're not an instructor, you've never dealt with the differences yourself, either.

Well, I look around and see what I see and I see lots of people that finish PP at minimum time using multiple instructors and planes at major flight schools all across the country. Your experience as an instructor says people need 60 hrs and need to stay with one plane and one instructor. My conclusions from these observations are different from yours.

consider yourself very lucky to have the time and money to fly that often. i haven't been in 4 months. good luck to ya

Im so sorry to hear that. :(
Dont know if it will make you feel better but, I litterally saved for two years to fund my lessons. My friends say I live like a pauper. No cable, internet.. I never go out. I only recently got a cell phone, and it was only because it was required...and my boss foots the bill.
So, I can definitely relate. At one point, I thought about taking out a loan but a thread I read about the company changed my mind.
Good Luck to you too.

Ooh! XC sounds fun!
There are a lot of great Aiports in So. Cal!

It IS fun. Behind the first solo, the first solo cross-country is probably the most memorable part of learning to fly.

Believe it or not, almost all the general-aviation airports in the LA basin got eaten up by massive housing developments in the middle 50s. There aren't that many left. If you want a huge number, you go out in the middle of nowhere where land is still cheap. But there are enough around there to satisfy training.

Mon-Thur X 6 weeks...60 hrs and I was done. Ran my business during a slower time of year the other three days. Whatever works for you and your instructor.

I'm a big proponent of flying more, not less if you want it get it done. I taught my son to fly last summer in about six weeks flying 3-4 times a week, with double lessons on some days. I'm currently working on a multi-engine rating with a gentleman who did his private in three weeks flying 4 or 5 times a day on some days. He's one of the best pilots I've ever flown with, regardless of time.

I have another student now I've been flying with 3-4 times a week. He soloed in just under three weeks. He's had 3 or 4 solo flights since his first solo practicing his touch and goes. I flew with him two nights ago and he was absolutely greasing it on EVERY landing....consistent perfection. It was quite gratifying to watch.

The good thing about flying is you don't have to worry about straining muscles like you might do trying to aggressively pick up a new sport!

Back