Lesson 1.

Well, KP, first of all *I* haven't made any decisions - not directly, nor taken any action on your posts. I can, however, have the moderator who did take action PM you. I am sorry if you didn't get one already - you should have - we try to remember to inform people when posts are deleted and why.

As for it being "my board" - while it is true that I own the domain and the licence information, the board is run by a management council. All moderator actions are either approved in advance or reviewed after the fact (in the case of more immediate needs for action).

I posted a general warning, on behalf of the Management council, about two topics: Trolling (Posts which are designed to anger others or which will, in the judgement of the moderators, lead to a downhill slide of post quality) was the minor topic, because IMO we haven't really had too much problem there.

The major focus of my warning was on bad post reports, because we've had a few people be just a little to trigger happy about that.

Chuck,
Just a little note to let you know that we appreciate what you and the management staff do to police this board. That is what makes it what it is, "The best Pilot forum on the net" I left the red board years ago just for that reason, there were to many over there that loved to stir the pot. Here we focus on what we love, "aviation" Thats why its called "Pilots of America" Maybe someone needs to have a forum called "S**T stirs of America" and they can land there.

Along with Dean's comments. Moderate-ing, IMO, isn't a bad thing. Had too many email chains and board posts go bad over misunderstandings and short tempers. :)

I love to jump into political and philosopical debates, as long as all parties can walk away not feeling hurt.

With respect to a board like this, sometimes a post needs to be closed permanently or even given a temporary 'time out' for people to calm down.

Glad to be a part of this board... :)

Back