Leidos TFR question

AdamZ

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Adam Zucker
So today I was planning a flight from KLOM to KGED and I received the below text in my briefing on 800Wxbrief along with the below image. The image is the Washington ARTCC but is outlined in red like a TFR and the Text says I will transit the TFR. But there is no TFR. I called flight service to confirm and they are not sure why it is appearing. They thought it might be a plotting error. Someone suggested that I have ARTCC borders turned on in Leidos but no other ARTCC shows up even when I plan a sample flight through them.

I then thought perhaps any ARTCC with an active TFR will show up as outlined in red but the depicted TFR / speed ring also goes into NY Center and perhaps Cleveland Center and they don’t show up. I have flow this route before and flow to airports outside the speed ring and in southern Delaware and Maryland’s eastern shore and I’ve never seen this before. Anyone have any ideas as to what's going on

“SUMMARY: TFR start is Jan 15, 0001Z (Jan 14, 19:01 EST), end is Until Further Notice.
TFR active while flight estimated to traverse area Jan 24, 1559Z (10:59 EST) to Jan 24, 1635Z (11:35 EST).”
upload_2021-1-24_12-56-0.png

I saw the same thing this morning and called a briefer just to clarify (1st time I’ve called in years). He basically said it was a glitch in that it took the whole sectors border instead of just the TFR boundary.

I saw the same thing this morning and called a briefer just to clarify (1st time I’ve called in years). He basically said it was a glitch in that it took the whole sectors border instead of just the TFR boundary.

Thanks for letting me know thought I was going nuts. Briefer told me he’d report it but thought it was a plotting error. Put the kabash on my morning breakfast flight though.

Back