Legitimate Stuff?

Lawreston

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Harley Reich
Am I the only one being bombarded by e-mails allegedly from Google? There are two, perhaps three, versions. Each apparently promotes some money-making "opportunity" within the Google environment. I've yet to open one, and just keep deleting them. ??????????????

HR

I haven't seen them. Hope it stays that way. The spam filters must be working. :yes:

The only thing I've been getting are the penny stock tips. They were coming at the rate of a dozen a day. Now, I can go a few days without any. The SEC has shut down trading for any security they find has been pushed like this, defeating the purpose of the emails.

A couple times, I followed the prices. I could have cleaned up! A mere thousand dollars thrown in could have turned into five thousand in just a few days. Just think what I might have done in cattle futures? :D

Am I the only one being bombarded by e-mails allegedly from Google? There are two, perhaps three, versions. Each apparently promotes some money-making "opportunity" within the Google environment. I've yet to open one, and just keep deleting them. ??????????????

HR
Send a note to google and find an email address to forward the spam to. I'll bet they have a fraud department that would be interested.

-Skip

The only thing I've been getting are the penny stock tips. They were coming at the rate of a dozen a day. Now, I can go a few days without any. The SEC has shut down trading for any security they find has been pushed like this, defeating the purpose of the emails.

A couple times, I followed the prices. I could have cleaned up! A mere thousand dollars thrown in could have turned into five thousand in just a few days. Just think what I might have done in cattle futures? :D

You mean if you had known to buy a month before you got the email.

What drives the price soaring is, amazingly, there is no shortage of idiots willing to throw money at it thinking they're getting in ahead of the other idiots. The scammers overseas who start the email chain got in ahead of all of the idiots.

The other thing is broker commissions. When you have to pay a minimum of say, $18 to buy $200 worth, you start out 9% in the hole, and lose another 9% or more if and when you sell.

Last edited:
You mean if you had known to buy a month before you got the email.

What drives the price soaring is, amazingly, there is no shortage of idiots willing to trow money at it thinking they're getting in ahead of the other idiots. The sammers overseas who start the email chain got in ahead of all of the idiots.

The other thing is broker commissions. When you have to pay a minimum of say, $18 to buy $200 worth, you start out 9% in the hole, and lose another 9% or more if and when you sell.

$1000 - $36 = $964.

Back