Legends of Flight - or how the media can get it right

sba55

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
sba55
NPR conducted an interview with Boeing's chief test pilot. It's by far the most factual and informed program I've ever heard on the radio or TV.

They talk a lot about the upcoming movie "Legends of Flight", the new Boeing 787, and they take some calls from pilots across the country. Truly a delight to listen to:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=127743442

I wish all news reports treated accidents like this:

But anyway - and this email from Preston(ph) in St. Louis: I saw the video of the accident you referenced earlier. Would your guest or you care to explain the cause? I don't know the cause. I'm not a pilot. Mike, did you get any later word after I left yesterday?

Mr. CARRIKER: No. It's like any other sort of incident. The best part about it, it was that those guys walked away from the event. The DCA airport folks there, they did an outstanding job. They were out there on the scene in a heartbeat and they had - their fire trucks were - the fire trucks were there in about three minutes. And then it's just like anything else. We'll let the NTSB investigate it and look at it, and they'll issue a report on what happened.

-Felix

Last edited:
Back