Legend Cub flight training

CerroTorre

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
CerroTorre
Anyone know any locations/instructors in Washington or Northern Oregon doing instruction in a Legend? I know of one option in Hood River for a TopCub. Searching for a spot that has a Legend ideally - although I’ll opt for something else if needed.

Thanks all.

Yep! Sure is.But I’ll be flying a Legend a fair bit later in the summer so given the chance I’ll take it if available.

My tailwheel time is mostly J3 and C185 and I like to be as sharp as can be and I’ll be coming off of some time off from flying. So some legend a specific time would be great. But honestly just some super cub time with a good instructor would be basically just as good so recommendations for that as well would be appreciated.

A Cub is a Cub, no?

I think that's true if you've flown a bunch of different ones. I've flown about 5 different instances of original J3s, between 65-90hp, and all but 2 flew a little different. One flew a LOT different and it surprised the cr*p out of me...I think it was a bit tail heavy. I'd be cautious of flying a legend without going up with someone first that knew how they flew, but then again I'm not all that high time, and I am a bit of a baby about things like that.

I think that's true if you've flown a bunch of different ones. I've flown about 5 different instances of original J3s, between 65-90hp, and all but 2 flew a little different. One flew a LOT different and it surprised the cr*p out of me...I think it was a bit tail heavy. I'd be cautious of flying a legend without going up with someone first that knew how they flew, but then again I'm not all that high time, and I am a bit of a baby about things like that.
yeah I tend to agree. I’ve hopped around from cub to cub before and they all have their idiosyncrasies. But if you can fly one cub it usually means you can fly another cub well enough to get things sorted pretty quickly. Maybe just without the usual polish. I just prefer to be polished before I hop into someone else’s airplane and don’t want to have my hands reaching for the carb heat when I meant to go for the trim handle. ;)

I’ve flown cubs that were happy at 50 over the fence and cubs that wanted 60. Some that had a right break in the stall and others that were feet off the pedals, some act like they’re permanently cross-eyed and like to fly out of trim or refuse to trim for straight and level and others that I swear the bungies were stretched taut and wanted to bounce back to the flight levels (or maybe that was the gumby pilot :) and some that were the sweetest most docile things you could hope for. And I love em all. But I still like to get to know the idiosyncrasies as much as I can. And I’ve never flown a Legend so…

It’s all good. Really I’m just always looking for excuses to get more Cub time … of any type. :)

Back