Legal Trouble

Assuming a bond is required for such a business as Ron mentioned, I wonder what hit on the bond capacity of that business entity? Keeping the guy in the employ could cost the business real monies.

I would have to be dragged screaming to plead guilty to a felony if innocent.

Well said. Ask that "wide stance" Minnesota senator about revoking a guilty plea ... :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
The question the management for which he works should be asking isn't whether they want to be friends with him or not, but whether they can trust him to handle their assets without putting something that belongs to the company in his own pocket instead of the company's. IOW, it should be just business, nothing personal.

Exactly so, and the POS board should know this. They're keeping him on, it seems, because somebody "likes" him. That's how a con(fidence) man works ...

I doubt anyone "in charge" has dug too deeply. I'll bet he's done this before, frankly.

So, none of y'all has any downloaded music, video, software or other copyrighted material you didn't pay for...right?

It doesn't affect me. I haven't bought anything Sony since they decided they own all the PCs that dare to try play one of their music CDs.

So, none of y'all has any downloaded music, video, software or other copyrighted material you didn't pay for...right?

Actually, no. I wrote anti-piracy articles in the 80's too. I work in the industry and watched how pirated copies of Windows killed legitimate businesses in the 80's, and then how Microsoft started up the SBA to counter-act piracy in the 90's. Sleazy business.

I have no taste nor time for it. When society has hit a point where they're steal for entertainment media, a whole lot of "something" is wrong. It's not like there's any shortage of freely available entertainment material out there that doesn't need to be stolen to obtain it.

(Podcasts are a pretty good place to start, but I might be a little biased there...)

And nobody but nobody cheats or screws up the paperwork on their taxes.
Let's hope you're never the center of attention in a criminal proceeding. Just ask Al Capone.

Actually, no. I don't.

Even if someone did, does that make it right? Henning, what was your point?

Back