Legal Question On Personal Property

I once found an iPhone left in a mens room at a hotel I was just about to leave. I debated what to do, as I really waned to get it back to the owner. I decided to slide the unlock button and searched the phone book and I either looked for "Home" or "Ice" I can't recall which. I got the guy's wife ( he was away for a golf weekend) and told her I was turning the phone into the front desk.

Larry, you did right. Not sure the 30 day rule will apply as the property was not abandoned in the store but rather you bought property into the store from somewhere else. Shame on the store, I really have to believe that given the advanced nature of the iPhone the Verizon store could have with a modest amount of effort figured out who owned the phone.

Many years ago I found several $20 bills and a money clip in the snow outside the ticket office of a ski area. Having little faith in human nature I notified the sales desk that I found the cash and left contact info rather than the bills. I told that if someone reported the loss they should have the person contact me with the amount of cash and a description of the money clip. A few days later someone called with a wildly wrong answer to both questions but the actual victim never contacted me. The call I got was obviously from an employee at the ski area or a friend of one. It wouldn't surprise me to learn that the person who lost the money actually did report it to the area but wasn't given my contact info.

I enabled the "find the I Pad" setting on my I pad a while ago. Last night I couldn't find the thing so I went to the I Cloud program on my PC and activated the Find the I Phone app.

Turns out that I had left the I Pad at my office in a not so obvious place for me. I had searched the office previously to using the program.

Big Brother sure can keep track of I Phone and I Pad users but it is handy if you want to find the thing.

Many years ago I found several $20 bills and a money clip in the snow outside the ticket office of a ski area. Having little faith in human nature I notified the sales desk that I found the cash and left contact info rather than the bills. I told that if someone reported the loss they should have the person contact me with the amount of cash and a description of the money clip. A few days later someone called with a wildly wrong answer to both questions but the actual victim never contacted me. The call I got was obviously from an employee at the ski area or a friend of one. It wouldn't surprise me to learn that the person who lost the money actually did report it to the area but wasn't given my contact info.

That is a great idea if/when you happen to run across some cash in someplace like the snow.

Back