Legacy LSA with room?

Magman

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Magman
Hoping my BM or MOSAIC comes through but also considering options.

I’m 6 foot, long-bodied, 230 ish, with creaky joints & old.

Been flying a long time but don’t want to stop.

A Colt or 150 would do just fine but is not LSA.

T-Crafts short on leg room.

Suggests?

Aeronca Champ, plenty of room

Many years I started flying in a Champ.

A current concern is getting in the front seat.

A Vagabond looks doable. Legroom?

Sounds like we're twins ;) I purchased a Sonex a year ago and really enjoy it. It's a low wing two place experimental LSA. Mine has
a center stick. I typically fly solo with the stick between my legs. I've taken adults for short hops but limited to 500 useful. If I
had a skinny family/friend I could do cross countries but nope. The Sonex 85 HP I have burns about 4 GPH at cruise doing 110knots.
I can go faster if I want to burn more gas. It's also -very- responsive and can do aerobatics :D
Just wanted to give you more to think about.

Sounds like we're twins ;) I purchased a Sonex a year ago and really enjoy it. It's a low wing two place experimental LSA. Mine has
a center stick. I typically fly solo with the stick between my legs. I've taken adults for short hops but limited to 500 useful. If I
had a skinny family/friend I could do cross countries but nope. The Sonex 85 HP I have burns about 4 GPH at cruise doing 110knots.
I can go faster if I want to burn more gas. It's also -very- responsive and can do aerobatics :D
Just wanted to give you more to think about.

Good point. I've also flown center seat in a Sonex and it's a blast and gives much more ability to keep a check on your six.

I have 120 HP Corvair but I'm also limited to ~500 lbs. useful. I do get closer to 120 knots but it burns a bit more fuel.

I had a nose roller Sonex with the VW conversion before this one. It was fun but more power (and the tailwheel) is funner ...

Flight Design CT's have 6 more inches of shoulder room that a C-172. Actually, they are quite comfortable.

Back