Leesburg Open House, August 30, 2008

TMetzinger

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Tim
Come brave the DC ADIZ and fly into Leesburg (KJYO) for our open house on Saturday, August 30th.

The EAA Aluminum Overcast will be here. We'll have FAA safety seminars, and are working on a full stack of events.

If you've got a cool homebuilt, or warbird, we'd love to have you visit and join our static displays.

Contact Tim Metzinger at timothy.metzinger@metzair.com for more information.

Oh come on Tim, ADIZ ain't no big thing.:rolleyes: We land at JYO whenever we come to DC. Last time I left there I had a problem getting the right frequency (not what AOPA had on their cheat sheet) to pick up a code. When I finally did the controller asked I'd been there before and was worried about being followed by F-16s. I told him I'd already been attacked by four of them back in MI, :hairraise: but that that was a different story for a different time. I'm sure I heard some laughter in the background. :)

Call me a chicken, or a dupe, but I just file IFR for anything in the ADIZ. I can't figure out all those wacky entry names, anyway.

Aluminum Overcast? I don't know how you wrangled that, but I'm going to do my best to get down there. Hopefully my boss doesn't schedule me for an alternative Labor Day weekend trip....:fcross:

Back