Least Favorite Christmas Song

the one about the shoes for his dying mother is WAAAAY worse than Little Drummer Boy. It's worse than Little Drummer Boy on kazoos.

treacle... utter treacle. :(

My least favorite is "Fleas on Navidad" :D or whatever is being spoken in a foreign language.

Since my return to Missouri, I've been singing Bing Crosby's new tune...

"I'm.... dreaming... of a White... Castle.... a chocolate shake and onion rings..."

:D

Disclaimer: Do not under any circumstance ever consume "White Castle" hamburgers prior to flights in excess of one hour in length! Doing so may be detrimental to the health of your passengers! :rofl:

You guys are mentioning songs I've never heard of!

My least favorite is "Little Drummer Boy". I HATE that song. It reaches depths of insipidness and pathos that never cease to amaze me (I haven't heard the one about the shoes, and I don't ever want to--it sounds like another "Little Drummer Boy"). But as someone else mentioned, the worst is any Christmas music before Thanksgiving. Bah humbug.

OTOH, I like "Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer". I wouldn't want to hear it over and over, but I still think it's funny, even if it is a little long in the tooth. I don't mind the barking dogs and "Jingle Bells"--once a year.

Judy

Did you hear the Father Guido Sarduci rant about that song?

In it he is complaining of a bunch of Christmas songs but then he gets onto the Little Drummer Boy, speaking of how if the kid did not have a present to give to the baby Jesus why didn't he give him the drum? Instead he just starts beating on it and wakes the baby up making him cry, "the drummer boy is probably in hell now for disturbing the lord's sleep" he says. Funny stuff.

Last year the wife and I were listening to cable radio and heard Barbra Streisand doing Jingle Bells at about 5x normal tempo. It STUNK something terrible. I'll take the Chipmunks or barking dogs over Babs any day!

Apparently, none of you have heard "Dominic the Italian Christmas Donkey"? I first heard that, gag, song, this year. It even beats out the stupid barking dogs IMO.

Oh well, saved again 'til next year.

Jim G

Apparently, none of you have heard "Dominic the Italian Christmas Donkey"? I first heard that, gag, song, this year. It even beats out the stupid barking dogs IMO.

Oh well, saved again 'til next year.

I had an ex-girlfriend who told me about that one. It's one of those deals where you can't believe there is such a thing until you hear it yourself. Luckily, I haven't actually heard it more than once or twice.

Not only has Christmas been saved by a reindeer and a donkey, even truckers got into the act:
http://music.podshow.com/music/prod...php?SearchString=truckers&go=Search+Keywords#

We'll have to write one about pilots saving Santa when he loses the panel in IMC. :rolleyes:

I heard parts of the 20-minute long Father Guido Sarducci song "100 Bulbs on the Christmas Tree" the other evening. Self-billed as the "worst Christmas song ever".

Scott....what the hell are you smokin man???????

That may be the wrost thing you've ever posted!

I can handle any Xmas tune cheerfully, but versions are critical. The Ronettes, in my opinion, make any corny old Xmas clunker pure magic. Almost de-Grinchifies me, although sometimes their versions just remind me of the versions I detest...:frown2:
Only because of over-exposure, mind you, but if I hear The E Street Band's version of "Santa Claus is Comin' to Town" one more time, I'm gonna strangle someone. :mad3:

Regarding some of the other choices in this thread, I just don't know what to say to someone who doesn't like the barking dogs or the Chipmunks... that stuff breaks up the monotony of "churchy" music pretty nicely. :D

And I love "The Little Drummer Boy"... the standard choral version gives me goosebumps.

OK, some Christmas songs I do like, but "Here comes Santa Clause" just rubs me the wrong way.

What about the rest of you, which one grates on your nerves?

I was gonna say that very one again. I just had to listen to it while shopping.

"Let's give thanks to the Lord above that Santa Claus comes tonight."
Talk about yer grabbing at mixed metaphors.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Here_Comes_Santa_Claus

Why izzit that I have to listen to that on the PA in retail stores? I can't even remember where it was, but I had to endure it this week. Oh yeah. Piggly Wiggly.

Last edited:
I was gonna say that very one again. I just had to listen to it while shopping.

"Let's give thanks to the Lord above that Santa Claus comes tonight."
Talk about yer grabbing at mixed metaphors.

Why izzit that I have to listen to that on the PA in retail stores?

Find an old Frank Sinatra Christmas album. He could make the most awful tripe sound great!

Trapper John

I really didn't have a least favorite Christmas song...................... until I watched the TV special of the lighting of the Rockefeller Center tree.

Miley Cyrus may be hot stuff with the kids ...................... but she's certainly no Brenda Lee in delivering BL's classic.

HR

I really didn't have a least favorite Christmas song...................... until I watched the TV special of the lighting of the Rockefeller Center tree.

Miley Cyrus may be hot stuff with the kids ...................... but she's certainly no Brenda Lee in delivering BL's classic.

HR

1000% agreement on that!

But no matter what TV or Store tune raises my hackles I can always go listen to Elvis or Karen Carpenter (especially White Christmas) and I'm back in the seasonal mood...well, as "in the mood as I get...

I STILL say if I fine the SOB that designed "Icicle Lights" I'll kill him/her...mark my words...:mad3:

Chris

"Christmas Shoes"...:frown2:

Thanks for that one! I was so PO'd I wanted to kill someone (the job again), but now I just wanna slit my wrists and get into a nice warm bath. :D

Did we mention Dominick(?) the Italian Christmas Donkey?

Last edited:
Christmas Shoes makes me want to kill myself. I just want it to STOP!

Paul McCartney's Christmas song makes me want to kill him.

I must have a lot of pent up anger.:smilewinkgrin:

I'm about 98% Grinch. They play music in the hallways at work, so there's not a lot of escaping the usual range of Christmas music.

However, they let us employees bring in our own CDs to include in the (randomized) collection, so I brought in a CD with some of my own specialized collection.
angry_santa.gif

My "Angry Santa" mix includes a bunch of NON-traditional songs, like:

"Christmas Time in Hell" from South Park ("Everyone has a happy glow, let's dance in blood and pretend it's snow...")

"A Patrick Swayze Christmas" from Mystery Science Theater 3000 ("Let's have a Patrick Swayze Christmas this year, or we'll tear your throat out and kick you in the rear...")

"The Elves Save Xmas Day" from Futurama ("We are free and fairly sober with so many toys to build, the machines are kind of tricky, probably someone will be killed....")

"O Little Town of Bethlehem" from the Bob Rivers' Twisted Christmas CD (The lyrics of the traditional song, sung to "The House of the Rising Sun"). Looks like this one is online at:

http://www.bobrivers.com/player/body1.asp?ID=704&speed=2&atype=tunes

Every couple of days someone comes by my office and says, "What the heck was THAT one, Ron....?"

Ron Wanttaja

Ron I think I have another one for your collection...

The station here in Dallas that starts playing 24-hour nonstop Christmas music every year... in mid October. Arrrrgh.

Maybe wrong thread but I thought I'd throw a recommendation out there for those tired of typical Christmas albums. Jingle All The Way by Bela Fleck and the Flecktones, released this year. Check it out, you might possibly never hear more creative interpretations of some holiday classics :smile:

Maybe wrong thread but I thought I'd throw a recommendation out there for those tired of typical Christmas albums. Jingle All The Way by Bela Fleck and the Flecktones, released this year. Check it out, you might possibly never hear more creative interpretations of some holiday classics :smile:

"Jazz to the World" is nothing short of excellent.

Dianne Reeves & Lou Rawls "Baby, It's Cold Outside".

Last edited:
Back