Leased a T-hangar yesterday

N747JB

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
John
I have been flying for 30 years and never had my own hangar, it was a tie down for the first 8 years and a community hangar since then. Well yesterday I dropped my 182 off in Athens with for my son and got him a T-hangar! I am actually pretty excited for him, he can move his dorm fridge there at the end of the semester and throw in a couple folding chairs and hang out at the airport instead of the fraternity house!:D OK, that ain't gonna happen, but he's got his own hangar now.:yes: Once he takes the airport driving class, he can pull his truck up to the hangar. :D

When is the rush...I mean ... hangar warming party?

Man, if I had my own plane (and hangar) in college I would have gotten so much...well you know...

Man, if I had my own plane (and hangar) in college I would have gotten so much...well you know...

Brad, I know exactly what you mean. "Hey honey, you want to go to the football game this Saturday?" "But, it's an away game and a 6 hour drive!"
"Well, how about I just fly us there?" :D
But, my son is still very uncomfortable around girls, it's somewhere between funny and sad. He has no idea how many girls would love to go out with him, he says they are annoying. :mad2::mad2:

Brad, I know exactly what you mean. "Hey honey, you want to go to the football game this Saturday?" "But, it's an away game and a 6 hour drive!"
But, my son is still very uncomfortable around girls, it's somewhere between funny and sad. He has no idea how many girls would love to go out with him, he says they are annoying. :mad2::mad2:

That's sure to change...:hairraise::eek::yes:

Youth is wasted on the young :)

If you value your airplane, put it in a hangar, it will last longer inside and out, hangars are always a good place to hang out too..

If you value your airplane, put it in a hangar, it will last longer inside and out, hangars are always a good place to hang out too..

I've had my airplanes in hangars since 1992, but this is my first T-hangar and I would be out there right now watching airplanes and cleaning the plane, but I'm not my son. :D

That's sure to change...:hairraise::eek::yes:
But not because of having a plane at school. I can tell you first hand that college girls aren't generally impressed by guys who fly and have access to a plane. Sad and incomprehensible as it is, it seems we're stuck with it.

But not because of having a plane at school. I can tell you first hand that college girls aren't generally impressed by guys who fly and have access to a plane. Sad and incomprehensible as it is, it seems we're stuck with it.

I dunno. Had plenty of fun as a high school senior and in college after I got the PPL.

Dear John,
Please see my what job thread, as I'm about to add "being adopted by John in Atlanta" as a potential way to afford a Cessna Mustang :D

15 years ago, in a small southern private college, girls seemed to be more impressed by the flying thing.

Now some of the interns I deal with up here in DC date guys who don't even have drivers licenses. What's up with that?

Dear John,
Please see my what job thread, as I'm about to add "being adopted by John in Atlanta" as a potential way to afford a Cessna Mustang :D

Since your name is John, can I safely assume you aren't a really hot 19 year old girl with daddy issues?? :rofl::rofl: I am pretty sure my wife wouldn't go for me adopting you either way. :D

He called me a little while ago, met and flew with his new CFI, got the plane out and back in the hangar by himself and REMOVED the tow bar before he started it.:yes:

Back