Learning methods

jakepilot23

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
jakepilot23
Does anyone know of some really good instructional dvd's or cd's i can listen to on my spare time to increase my knowledge of my instrument rating. I would love to listen to cd's in my car that teach me. I have already taken the ground school class i just want to fine tune my knowledge. Or if you have any personal methods of learning and retaining knowledge that you would like to share that will be very helpful. thanks

Last edited:
If you did ground school already, just review your notes ?

I got a binder at my instrument ground school. It was basically a verbatim copy of the Powerpoint slide that the teacher used along with some good handouts on various subjects. I took notes as we went through the class right into the binder.

Other than that, written test prep questions can really root out some deficiencies. I used ASA PREPWARE it allows you to save missed questions in a file. I read every question in every area. Then reviewed every missed question several times over. Then I took several practice tests.

I'm just looking to study even when i'm at work. I have a call center job that allows me to surf the web. I study after work in the book and review my notes. I wonder if there is any websites i can browse and learn about flying.

Back