Learning basics

HarvardTiger

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Jim
Hey -

Where's a good place to learn some basic aerobatics in the Southeast? I'm interested in learning loops, rolls and spins.

I've done a little in sailplanes (loops, spins, wingovers) and while aerobatics isn't hugely interesting to me as something to pursue, I'd like to be able to handle a plane and understand flying better.

Thanks!

P.S. Should I get a tailwheel endorsement first?:goofy:

Hey -

Where's a good place to learn some basic aerobatics in the Southeast? I'm interested in learning loops, rolls and spins.

I've done a little in sailplanes (loops, spins, wingovers) and while aerobatics isn't hugely interesting to me as something to pursue, I'd like to be able to handle a plane and understand flying better.

Thanks!

P.S. Should I get a tailwheel endorsement first?:goofy:
Where are you located?

check out the IAC, iac.org I think. they have a pretty good listing of aerobatic instructors around the country.

Sewanee, TN has a good reputation and the people there are really nice. It can be an aerobatic experience just landing there if the winds are strong!

I found the iac.org website--thanks Tony--and it has some great information.

Turns out there is a school about 92.7nm (as the crow flies) north of my location, Montgomery, Alabama.

Hmmm. Looks interesting!

I found the iac.org website--thanks Tony--and it has some great information.

Turns out there is a school about 92.7nm (as the crow flies) north of my location, Montgomery, Alabama.

Hmmm. Looks interesting!

That wouldn't be Greg Koontz school would it? I've heard a lot of great things about the school, B&B, and Greg. There's also Paul Logue near Atlanta, Keoki Gray over near Savannah.

Back