learned something new today........

14. The kitty does not like pate.
15. The kitty cannot pronounce pate correctly. But, I had always assumed that to be the case anyway.

Which brings up , how do you skin a worm ?

I think I remember doing that in high school biology.

I learned that people walking right across the middle of the turn around for a Michigan left on Fort Street (M85) (6 lanes) with their head down looking at their phone are startled when they encounter a pickup pulling a trailer.

It was funny to watch.

16: HP has gone insanely backward in their printer setup process. (Daily rant.)

a: Unpack Inkjet MFD. Plug in. Put 8 1/2 x 11 in Tray 1. 11x17 in Tray 2.
b: Setup wireless.
c: Laptop sees it. But there is a message, 'driver not installed.' Can't connect.
d: Go to HP's website link for the driver. There is no driver. There is the HP Smart app where the driver should be.
e: Do Googleage, determine HP Smart app is required to install driver and configure printer.
f: HP Smart app cannot find the printer.
g: Switch wireless network do the one printer is set up on. It finds it. But the laptop could see it anyway. ?????
h: Go through a gazillion steps, and it wants me to set up an HP account. NO! I just want to INSTALL THE F***** DRIVER!
i: "Enter PIN code." WTF.
j: Google. 'PIN code briefly displayed on printer screen. You have 90 seconds to put it in or you have to start over.'
k: Start over, finally get the PIN code entered.
l: Test page prints. Good, right?
m: Wrong. Send an 11x17 print job to it. Get an error message. 'Paper size mismatch. 11x17 detected in Tray 2'
n: No amount of futzing the settings will force it to print to Tray 2. There is not even an option. It's set on auto detect. The only other option is 'main tray.'
o: Google is of no help.
p: After an hour of spitting out a blank 8 1/2 x 11 sheet and stopping at the error message, I just decide to reconfigure Tray 1 for 11 x 17. That seems to work.
q: I've already used 16 letters of the alphabet in painful steps to get this thing to work. It used to be, turn it on, computer finds it, and installs everything when you add it.
r: Whywhywhywhywhy??????????????

I learned that a song I always thought was by one band, was actually from an entirely different band.

Back