Learn to fly in China!

Steve Job

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Steve Job
Found on zgtyfly.com:

Want to obtain a private pilot's license to be how to do?
2013年09月25日 View count:13
Training in domestic private photos dozen qualified training school, after dozens of hours of flight training, can usually get a private pilot license. Some people buy airplanes, but also hiring pilots. But more people to buy the aircraft is to fly the plane personally experience the fun of flying in the sky. Want to fly an airplane in the sky, with the car in the same land, the same need to pass the air called "private pilot license." However, how to obtain a private pilot license it?
In practice, because of the differences in the aviation school , processes, and some of the data may be some differences, but basically can be more than a dozen in mainland China by the China Civil Aviation Administration approved flight school involved in PPL (Private Pilot License) Course . Participate in this course and those who pass the examination will be given Civil Aviation Administration of China issued a " private pilot license " license holders can serve as the captain steers a single -engine aircraft for non-profit for the purpose of personal use, passenger or cargo flights .
Course Specific processes include: physical examination, theoretical study, theory test , simulator training , flight training, flight test and other six steps.
Students first need to go through 60 hours of ground-based air theoretical education course of study, then pass the exam to qualify for student pilots qualified on the aircraft before learning to fly .
Flight training normally takes about 45 flight hours , including through licensing exams flight time and flight simulation time . Most people in the 20 to 30 flight hours after the effective "release solo ." "Put solo" is flying in the learning process of the most challenging aspect of the first solo flight means you have confidence in the coach . Experienced the " solo release ", the student 's confidence will increase . Some flight schools arrange another cadet accompany you solo, the students generally are experienced solo student pilot .
Really experienced unaccompanied "release solo" flight trainees often can pass flying skills exam. So students can get a temporary pilot's license , after a few weeks , the temporary license can be made ​​in exchange for the Civil Aviation Administration official pilot's license .
Pay exorbitant fees in training , most aviation school to ensure that students are ultimately private pilot license. But a good aviation school and an aviation school for poor students in the learning efficiency will bring huge gap in training even on the total time will be doubled gap.
Driver's license for a private jet physical conditions
Perhaps many people every year in high school , " cadet " ( State admitted Air Force pilots ) strict inspection fresh. However, licenses for private aircraft , on Constitution requires far below the requirements of civil transport aircraft pilots , even lower than the requirement for fighter pilots . Simply put, the body of the car driver's license requirements for private aircraft license applicant basic physical requirements. Basic conditions include visual acuity above 1.0, no hypertensive heart disease and so on.
Source: Private Jet
EDIT: Chinese General Aircraft Network

China is one of the fastest growing capitalist markets there is. I have a friend who found she liked jumping out of perfectly good (if a jump plane could be called good) aircraft. She wants to start a school in China.
SHE might actually do it.
Ain't capitalism grand!?!?

That was painful to read lol. The Chinese economy is a strange thing. The have entire cities, brand spanking new, empty because they are far far beyond the economic means of the vast majority.

I thought this was interesting:

However, licenses for private aircraft , on Constitution requires far below the requirements of civil transport aircraft pilots , even lower than the requirement for fighter pilots . Simply put, the body of the car driver's license requirements for private aircraft license applicant basic physical requirements. Basic conditions include visual acuity above 1.0, no hypertensive heart disease and so on.

Which I think means a PPL medical only requires a driver's license (far less stringent than for civil transport pilots, or even fighter pilots!). As long as you don't have high blood pressure, and you do have good vision (not sure what visual acuity above 1.0 means).

That was painful to read lol. The Chinese economy is a strange thing. The have entire cities, brand spanking new, empty because they are far far beyond the economic means of the vast majority.

They built their own Paris and Venice, but nobody wants to live there. Central Planning at its best.

Sounds like the machine translation you get when you bring up a foreign language web page. Did you try reading it in the original Chinese to see if it made sense as written?

They built their own Paris and Venice, but nobody wants to live there. Central Planning at its best.

It's not about 'want' they can't afford to live there. The people who own them can't live there because they need to be in the cities where they are due to their occupation, they buy these places as one of the few investment vehicles they have available. The common person can't afford these places, they sell for more than Manhattan apartments, and most people don't make close to enough to even rent, much less buy these places. They hope to sell to foreigners.

Last edited:
What I wanna know is: where the heck can you fly to in mainland China in a trainer?
About a year ago, I was considering taking an 8 to 12 month contract to work in Macao, and tried to see what my options might be for soaring or light singles.
Other than making friends with someone in the flying club at Kai Tak, I couldn't find anything. Not even sure where those guys fly to, other than Kai Tak.

What I wanna know is: where the heck can you fly to in mainland China in a trainer?
About a year ago, I was considering taking an 8 to 12 month contract to work in Macao, and tried to see what my options might be for soaring or light singles.
Other than making friends with someone in the flying club at Kai Tak, I couldn't find anything. Not even sure where those guys fly to, other than Kai Tak.

Good question they seem a bit schizophrenic on the subject. They definitely have a movement out to expand GA after the last big earthquake, and have even bought Cirrus and TCM, but restrictions on flying are still pretty tight.

I've seen that over and over. I've seen news stories breathlessly talking about the empty cities. City, actually. I've seen reports showing the same empty mall. over and over again. I see the same empty city, over and over again.

Now, an empty mall or an empty city aren't good things. But only one in a place as large as China is not a huge worry. Sorry, I stopped trusting our media a long time ago.

I've seen that over and over. I've seen news stories breathlessly talking about the empty cities. City, actually. I've seen reports showing the same empty mall. over and over again. I see the same empty city, over and over again.

Now, an empty mall or an empty city aren't good things. But only one in a place as large as China is not a huge worry. Sorry, I stopped trusting our media a long time ago.

Uhhh, no....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-images-cities-lying-completely-deserted.html

Sounds like the machine translation you get when you bring up a foreign language web page. Did you try reading it in the original Chinese to see if it made sense as written?

I just clicked the "English" tab on the top of their web page, but I imagine they're using an "auto" translate application. The Chinese support folks I work with through my job have excellent English skills (at least using the written word, no so much during a phone conversation). Way better than my Chinese! :yes:

Satellite photos in which I couldn't tell if the place was occupied. if I look at my home metropolis at that magnification I can't tell if anyone lives there. The only indication at that scale is cars, and China has about as many as the US

did in 1917. And the only close-up is of something I've seen before in another breathless report talking about China's giant world-ending housing bubble.

Never trust the media. Question everything. I wouldn't gain-say this story, but I'm a long way from sold based on the media reports I've seen.

Satellite photos in which I couldn't tell if the place was occupied. if I look at my home metropolis at that magnification I can't tell if anyone lives there. The only indication at that scale is cars, and China has about as many as the US

did in 1917.
And the only close-up is of something I've seen before in another breathless report talking about China's giant world-ending housing bubble.

Never trust the media. Question everything. I wouldn't gain-say this story, but I'm a long way from sold based on the media reports I've seen.

You haven't been to China in the last decade right? There's a couple hundred million cars in China and the number grows daily, they have epic traffic jams that last for days, even weeks.

Traffic jam in Beijing.

beijing-traffic-jam.jpg

You haven't been to China in the last decade right? There's a couple hundred million cars in China and the number grows daily, they have epic traffic jams that last for days, even weeks.

Yeah, in Beijing and Shanghai. China still doesn't approach the US in auto saturation. 114 million in 2012 for a nation of a billion. I wouldn't be surpirsed to see or none in lots of places.

Again, I'm not gainsaying the story. But I'm not believing it based on some low res satellite photos and pictures of the same building over and over again.

I just clicked the "English" tab on the top of their web page, but I imagine they're using an "auto" translate application. The Chinese support folks I work with through my job have excellent English skills (at least using the written word, no so much during a phone conversation). Way better than my Chinese! :yes:
Try asking those folks to read the original Chinese and see if it's better than the automatic English translation -- and I'm betting the target market's first language is Chinese, not English.

Yeah, in Beijing and Shanghai. China still doesn't approach the US in auto saturation. 114 million in 2012 for a nation of a billion. I wouldn't be surpirsed to see or none in lots of places.

Again, I'm not gainsaying the story. But I'm not believing it based on some low res satellite photos and pictures of the same building over and over again.

How do you know it's the same building over and over again? They all look the same built off the same blueprint. It's like diving in Moscow outside the inner ring, there are three buildings repeated a million times.

How do you know it's the same building over and over again? They all look the same built off the same blueprint. It's like diving in Moscow outside the inner ring, there are three buildings repeated a million times.

Its not only the same set of buildings, but in many cases its the same bloody photograph! Again, not negating. I have no first hand information on situation to say yeah or nay. But when I see this kind of evidence supporting a breathless story about economic collapse my BS alarm starts ringing hard. It just can't be that hard to get photos of cities. They aren't hard to photograph. They're big, and they don't move about much.

I have no doubt there is an abandoned mall and an abandoned city in China. Then again, we have those things here. But I remain unconvinced by the media stories I've seen that this is in any way the national epidemic portrayed in western media.

Get out and travel then and see the world for yourself.

Takes more $$$$$$ and time than I posses, otherwise I would do far more. That is the same advice I give the young people with whom I come in contact. Nothing in the world better than travel.

That said, China is not last on my list of places I'd like to go, but it is a long ways down there.

Takes more $$$$$$ and time than I posses, otherwise I would do far more. That is the same advice I give the young people with whom I come in contact. Nothing in the world better than travel.

That said, China is not last on my list of places I'd like to go, but it is a long ways down there.

China is a place you should go so you have an understanding of their culture, they will be your masters shortly. I tell youngsters, "Learn Mandarin, you'll be needing it."

60hrs of theory and a test before you become a student pilot and start flying. After that, 45hrs of flight training, normally you solo after 20-30 hours.

The physical condition required is similar to drivers license.

The word order etc looks similar to direct word-to-word translation. The english page is there usually just to impress the local customers about their international pedigree :)

China is a place you should go so you have an understanding of their culture, they will be your masters shortly. /QUOTE]

A couple of years ago the Euros were going to be our masters. Before that it was the Japanese. Before that the Soviet Union was going to bury us.

I've seen India and Brazil mentioned as potential 'masters'.

These are all symptoms of the physiological disorder known as 'Oikophobia'.

China is a place you should go so you have an understanding of their culture, they will be your masters shortly. /QUOTE]

A couple of years ago the Euros were going to be our masters. Before that it was the Japanese. Before that the Soviet Union was going to bury us.

I've seen India and Brazil mentioned as potential 'masters'.

These are all symptoms of the physiological disorder known as 'Oikophobia'.

The 'Euros' are our masters ever since 1913 when we let them into our central banking system. Why do you think we pay the lions share of defending Europe?

The Soviet Union issue was just fear mongering so we protect the Seven Sisters' access to oil and feed the Military Industrial Complex, you'll note that the majority of the Seven Sisters are 'Euro'. I've never considered the Brazilians as any threat nor the Indians, in fact, we could have foreclosed on Brazil, we are in the opposite economic position with China, they already own a lot of stuff in the US and have a lot of our money.

Last edited:

As with everything in life, the truth is somewhere in the middle of the extremes one hears. While it is true that China has built some ghost towns, their economy is VERY different from ours. As Henning mentions, one of the only "safe" investments in China is real estate. It's been increasing in value essentially non-stop for the last 20 years or so.

We moved into our first Chinese neighborhood (called a "compound" here) in 2007. At that time, the "hot" compound where all the expats lived was effectively sold out with only a few rentals available in a compound with hundreds of villas, town houses and apartments. When we took out tour, I noticed that over half of the villas were empty (external and internal construction is COMPLETELY separate in Chinese domestic housing market - you buy an unfinished shell and finish interior as you like). Anyway, we weren't in a hurry and tried to get the real estate agent to talk to some of the owners ... why let their million dollar homes sit empty. The answer was, "they don't want to finish it, they'll just sell it in a few years". These homes were simple investments and the owner didn't want the hassle to finish the house even though it would rent for $4,500 per month.

So, you have lots of VERY expensive real estate sitting there empty which looks like a recipe for a bubble. That said, the economy here continues to grow like crazy and there is a lot of money sloshing around. I have a few Supervisors that I've recently promoted who are making $1,000-$1,500 per month and after a year they go out and buy a new car (a JV brand, not a POS Chinese made car). My HR Supervisor got her new car and just bought a house (what we would call an apartment). She plans to finish it next year and then move in when her new born daughter gets to school age. If I took you to her apartment complex, it would look like one of these "ghost towns" as it is completely empty with only a few people living there. Also note that while Shanghai is similar to NYC from expense perspective, there are many 20 million person cities where a nice 1,400 ft2 apartment can be purchased for $50,000-$120,000.

With real estate perceived as one of the few safe investments, there is plenty of investment here and they clearly see it differently than we do. That said, China still has almost a half-billion farmers and a rapidly growing internal market. I just hired over 200 "fresh off the farm" employees who make lamps in China for Chinese produced JV vehicles. Those employees are renting apartments, buying apartments, buying cars and both spending and saving their cash.

A lot can be made of these "ghost" cities, but many of the areas we Westerners see that we think of as "ghost" areas are just ahead of the curve and will be vibrant and filled in 2-5 years.

Back in 2007, the countryside around Suzhou where we lived was ALL farmland. My wife and I took a ride out there yesterday after not seeing the area for the last 6 years and were SHOCKED at the construction that had taken place. The high rises that closest to the city were completely full and even looked a bit run down. Out several miles, there were countless new high rises with nary a soul in site. My guess is that in a few years, those places will be packed.

To make my point, notice that in the linked article from 2010, Zhengzhou is "China's biggest ghost city". Note picture below from Google maps ... doesn't look so deserted now. China screws a LOT of stuff up (like every city having an exhibition center that is empty 350 days a year and makes McCormick in Chicago look like a pop-sickle stand). That said, because they have no where else to put money, because they are growing quickly and still have a LOT of poor people, they tend to build ahead of need. Then, demand usually follows, but we all need a sensational story that provides the exception to the rule.

Attachments

• zhengzhou.bmp
    2.2 MB · Views: 11
To make my point, notice that in the linked article from 2010, Zhengzhou is "China's biggest ghost city". Note picture below from Google maps ... doesn't look so deserted now. China screws a LOT of stuff up (like every city having an exhibition center that is empty 350 days a year and makes McCormick in Chicago look like a pop-sickle stand). That said, because they have no where else to put money, because they are growing quickly and still have a LOT of poor people, they tend to build ahead of need. Then, demand usually follows, but we all need a sensational story that provides the exception to the rule.

I've learned more about Chinese economics in this thread than in 5 TV news specials.

Thanks iflyforfun!

I'll take the story of one poster here over the breathless news reports of folks selling breakfast cereal and cars.

I've learned more about Chinese economics in this thread than in 5 TV news specials.

Thanks iflyforfun!

Thanks for the feedback. There are a lot of misconceptions about China in the US. I find it pretty entertaining that everywhere I've traveled in the developed world, people at best just tolerate Americans and in many places simply dislike us. Come to China and they LOVE Americans.

When we were here back in 2007, everyone in the US was talking trash about Bush. Here, about the only English some taxi drivers spoke was "George Bush good!" when they found out we were American.

Sounds like you might be getting Mooneys in China soon, just read in the news that a Chinese outfit is finalizing the deal. That will make Cirrus, Mooney, and Continental who produces the engines for both. Sounds like they were serious about bringing GA on line in China.

Back