Learn Jets type courses??

planecrazyem

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
planecrazyem
After being a lurker I now am looking for advice.

I just finished my multi and am looking for some more experience while pursuing a job(I know, it is tough out there now!) Has anyone looked into a course like Learn Jets? (learnjets.com). I live a little over an hour from them, so it is something I could do without the additional expense of hotel,etc. for the few days.

I love the Citation jets and feel this would be good to have? yes, no maybe? opinions please!!

Looks like a PFT place. You pay them for the training. Then you pay them for the 'privilege' of sitting in the right seat and being a flap/gear monkey.

I am not familiar with that one in particular, but there are alot of them out there. Sadly, it is becoming a rather common method of getting a future flying job.

If you can afford it, it might be a decent way. Works for alot of people. The downside is that it will cost you alot up front and if you do make flying your profession, you will likely run into people here and there who will look down on the path you took. On the other side, I don't know of anyone who looks down on a person who built their time as a CFI.

You'd do well to avoid that type of operation. Getting the type from them is fine, but their level II is BS. You're paying THEM to go to work. Don't get sucked into that. If you're going to fly the line for someone, you should get paid for it, not the other way around. Get the type if you want, but you'd probably be better served getting a job as an instructor, or find a cargo carrier or (God forbid) a regional that is hiring. At least you won't have to pay them to work.

Back