learjet

jesse

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Jesse
Today I flew to St. Paul with some friends and hung out there for awhile. When we landed again at RST a guy comes up and asks some odd questions. Like what kind of plane is that, Is that one of those Pipers? A passenger of mine told him it was a cessna I was busy messing with the door to really pay attention to what was being said. I then heard him ask what kind of Cessna and my friend said it was a 172. He then just says oh one of those piper 72s huh and acted all excited about flying in one.

I then go inside and pay the bill and he walks up and asks if I'd take him flying sometime and writes his phone number down on a piece of paper, quite frankly I was now a bit suspicious about this being some type of setup to see if I'd let him pay or something. He was still acting like he knew absolutely nothing about flying or planes. So I just said Okay, Wasn't really sure if I'd call him or not. He walks away and I ask the girl running the counter who it is. She said it was the pilot of a learjet. I then realized that he was basically just screwing with me.

So he comes back and says if I take him flying in the 172 on thursday I can come and fly in the learjet with him. Not really sure where we'd be going and I'd end up in the cities but I'll figure out a ride home, and miss a day of work for that kind of oppurtunity.

Just one of those times where it shows that it's good to be nice to everyone even if they sound a bit odd at first.

Sounds cool Jesse,

I have had a couple rides in the jets at KPTS by basically just hangin around. A Citation that I sat right seat in when i went on Spring Break is a friend of mines family jet and the other a Beech Premier was just a local business's that asked if I would like to go along on a trip.

I thought it was an awesome experience, I would definitely take him up on the deal if I were you.

jangell said:
Just one of those times where it shows that it's good to be nice to everyone even if they sound a bit odd at first.

IME it's good to be nice to anyone anytime. Worst case is they don't notice, but even then you can pat yourself on the back.:cheerswine:

Interesting story. I saw a couple of pilots from RST at STP tuesday night in a C172. They were younger guys. I guess they were catching a dinner at STP. Nice guys...I just asked them where they were based? I got a quick answer, but I think they were super hungry by that point in time.

Brent

Brent Bradford said:
Interesting story. I saw a couple of pilots from RST at STP tuesday night in a C172. They were younger guys. I guess they were catching a dinner at STP. Nice guys...I just asked them where they were based? I got a quick answer, but I think they were super hungry by that point in time.

Brent

That'd be us. Were you in the van? Or was this in the FBO?

I was in the FBO. I was sitting in the chair in the lobby. I talked mainly to the tallest gentleman. He was pretty quick when I asked where you had traveled from, but like I said...sometimes it's time to eat! :) I was just curious what the flight time was like and if it was a nice trip down low. Too bad you guys were in a hurry. Some people dont like to chat in FBO's so I left it alone. We had came in from Santa Fe and was there for about four hours and then on to TEB. I was actually the only guy in the lobby at the time. We had the crew car that one of your crew was asking for. I was waiting for the other pilot to get out of the restroom so that we could go and eat.

I wish we could have met. I do get to RST quite often. I guess I was quite jealous. Been so long since I had actually flown some where for fun to eat. :) Below is a site with my picture incase you remember seeing me.

Brent Bradford
http://members.cox.net/brent.bradford/

Brent Bradford said:
I was in the FBO. I was sitting in the chair in the lobby. I talked mainly to the tallest gentleman. He was pretty quick when I asked where you had traveled from, but like I said...sometimes it's time to eat! :) I was just curious what the flight time was like and if it was a nice trip down low. Too bad you guys were in a hurry. Some people dont like to chat in FBO's so I left it alone. We had came in from Santa Fe and was there for about four hours and then on to TEB. I was actually the only guy in the lobby at the time. We had the crew car that one of your crew was asking for. I was waiting for the other pilot to get out of the restroom so that we could go and eat.

I wish we could have met. I do get to RST quite often. I guess I was quite jealous. Been so long since I had actually flown some where for fun to eat. :) Below is a site with my picture incase you remember seeing me.

Brent Bradford
http://members.cox.net/brent.bradford/

Ah ok . Sounds like you were talking to my passengers. That's only the second time they've been flying so they really didn't say much I'm sure. I was the one *attempting* to get a car. Actually I make them look old, they are a good 8 years older then me.

Well I am 29 now, so I make anyone look old. When your 29, your pretty much in your 30's. You can no longer really say you are in your 20's. :no:

jangell said:
Today I flew to St. Paul with some friends and hung out there for awhile. When we landed again at RST a guy comes up and asks some odd questions. Like what kind of plane is that, Is that one of those Pipers? A passenger of mine told him it was a cessna I was busy messing with the door to really pay attention to what was being said. I then heard him ask what kind of Cessna and my friend said it was a 172. He then just says oh one of those piper 72s huh and acted all excited about flying in one.

I then go inside and pay the bill and he walks up and asks if I'd take him flying sometime and writes his phone number down on a piece of paper, quite frankly I was now a bit suspicious about this being some type of setup to see if I'd let him pay or something. He was still acting like he knew absolutely nothing about flying or planes. So I just said Okay, Wasn't really sure if I'd call him or not. He walks away and I ask the girl running the counter who it is. She said it was the pilot of a learjet. I then realized that he was basically just screwing with me.

So he comes back and says if I take him flying in the 172 on thursday I can come and fly in the learjet with him. Not really sure where we'd be going and I'd end up in the cities but I'll figure out a ride home, and miss a day of work for that kind of oppurtunity.

Let us know how it goes and make sure you get pictures!!

Back