Learjet US Tour

Danos

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
i And I Survive
From Monday until yesterday I put in 16.7 in the Lear 55. Here's how it went
Day 1- KFRG KPHL KLNK-KRNO Picked up pax in PHL and did a quick fueling in Lincoln NE, then we went out to Reno. Didn't get to see a damn thing but the airport and the hotel room, but it was a nice approach. I love the landscape there.
Day 2- KRNO KCVG KSDF. We were wheels up at 3 am and got to see the sunrise over the Rockies, followed by 2 precision approaches
Day 3- KSDF KBQK KMLB We just beat a deluge into BQK, and Florida was were we got some sun and warmth.
Day 4 KMLB KPHL KFRG. Dropped off the pax and got back yesterday. It was good to be home and I was whupped, but I'm already showing signs of withdrawal.

Here's a quick clip I got when we were assigned an altitude right on the tops coming into KLNK. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TN6AuVmYso

Attachments

• IMG_1106.jpg
    IMG_1106.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1108.jpg
    IMG_1108.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1109.jpg
    IMG_1109.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_1091.jpg
    IMG_1091.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_1112.jpg
    IMG_1112.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1104.jpg
    IMG_1104.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Awesome! Post a route map, I have no clue on most of the identifiers. When you have a 3am, is there any point in going to sleep?

Awesome! Post a route map, I have no clue on most of the identifiers. When you have a 3am, is there any point in going to sleep?

For me, yes. I've been having to wake up at 5 AM for my flights recently, so going to bed at 8 or 9 isn't that tough. Wake up at 1-2 AM, and get on going.

love the video

Thanks Tony. Ive gotten a sense of the climb performance and acceleration, but not the raw speed until then. And that was at 4000 ft & 230kts. Havent been lucky enough to see it in cruise yet.

I see you stopped at our ghost town bravo airport:rofl:

Haha! Yeah. That was one if the ILS's we shot down to 300 ft. The IFR was pretty hard that day. That was the longest leg of the tour too. We left Reno almost at MGTOW packed with pax and as much fuel as we could take in and make weight and still saw a 4000ft/minute climb. It was really cold.

Haha! Yeah. That was one if the ILS's we shot down to 300 ft. The IFR was pretty hard that day. That was the longest leg of the tour too. We left Reno almost at MGTOW packed with pax and as much fuel as we could take in and make weight and still saw a 4000ft/minute climb. It was really cold.
Nice! But wait until you want to go somewhere in that 55 in the middle of the summer. From a high altitude airport. :idea:

Back