Lear crash in Freeport, Bahamas

Good God!

Former U.S. Ambassador Andrew Young was scheduled to be on the ill-fated flight, but, according to a spokesperson, felt "guided by the spirit" not to get on board.

If the "spirit" is telling you not to get on a plane you should tell the others.

Good God!

Former U.S. Ambassador Andrew Young was scheduled to be on the ill-fated flight, but, according to a spokesperson, felt "guided by the spirit" not to get on board.

If the "spirit" is telling you not to get on a plane you should tell the others.

The "others" were the spirit..... For pay of course...:redface:

Good God!

The 'spirit' may have involved little room to sit down. Nine crew and passengers on a Lear 36 is close to capacity, no?

I once jumped off an airline flight in Houston because the 'spirit' moved me... along with the malfunctioning cargo door that took half a dozen big guys to close. That really spooked the crew. Nothing happened of course.

Good God!

I am sorry for the loss of life - for the pain that ones left behind will feel,... AND I cannot agree with you more.

Sheesh! - how exactly does that conversation go?

"uh,... hey guys, ummmm....."

"What is it?"....

"aaahhh... hmmmm, yeah, ... it's nothin. I'm just gonna duck back in and grab a coke, and then I'll swim on over and meet you guys later."

"hey, man, we'll wait for you."

"woah,... you know, that's ok. I think I'm actually going to make a coke instead of buying one, ... you know. - grow my own sugar cane and stuff.... You guys go on ahead."

"oh, ok."

Last edited:
"woah,... you know, that's ok. I think I'm actually going to make a coke instead of buying one, ... you know. - grow my own sugar cane and stuff.... You guys go on ahead."

"oh, ok."

Feel kinda bad laughing on a crash thread but that was hysterical

^^ I truly am sorry for the loss of life... seems like their was a kid on the plane as well.

Last edited:
I would think that they couldn't see the crane because of the clouds?

This is a very rare occurrence!
The crash was at 5:10 which would have been pretty dark by then. Don't know how far from the airport they were but if the crane was not lite then that would likely be a factor in the crash. No way to tell yet.

Sounds like the pilot went below minimums.... Bummer for sure. A commercial bird went missed because of the weather.

Scud running..... Yikes.

The crash was at 5:10 which would have been pretty dark by then. Don't know how far from the airport they were but if the crane was not lite then that would likely be a factor in the crash. No way to tell yet.

Thunderstorms and weather in the area and sunset was around 5:30 that day, plenty of daylight still. The object they hit is charted as 367' MSL. That's pretty cut and dry.

Some years back an aero commander buzzing the harbor, clipped the mast of a large sail boat and went in. Same results.

Back