Leah got to glide.

tonycondon

Gastons CRO (Chief Dinner Reservation Officer)
Display Name

Display name:
Tony
Finally got leah up for a glider ride on Sunday. wasnt particularly wonderful soaring weather but we had a nice, pretty smooth, tow up to 2500 AGL and an equally smooth slow flight down at about 40 kias the whole time. did play around with some cow fart lift that was coming off from town, but with major high overcast nothing was workable. After a year and a half of talking about it it was nice to finally get her in a glider.

http://picasaweb.google.com/cherokee373Y/LeahGoesGliding/

Great pictures!

I don't know why I never thought about this before but I noticed ... no headsets!:redface: Another benefit of gliding?

oh yes, even in many of the 'loud' gliders you can carry on conversation at normal tones

I can't believe it took so long to get her a sailplane ride.

I can't believe it took so long to get her a sailplane ride.
thanks lance. it wasnt necessarily cause neither of us didnt want to. a big part of the problem was that most of the time i was fairly focused on trying to fly my glider cross country, and she was supportive of that to the point where giving her a ride in the blanik was pushed aside.

Nice pictures... it's neat to see a view of the tow. I take it the yellow handle is the tow release.

Tony, expect this.... when you're fifty, she's gonna look twenty-five. When you're sixty, she's still gonna look twenty-five. It's sad to see a young, beautiful girl hitched to an old fart who just can't... well, never mind.

:D

Is there some trick to getting Picasa to work? I have the latest version and each and everytime I try to upload photos from it into my Google album I get an error that I need an Internet connection to do that. What is annoying is that I do have an Internet connection. I cannot find any configuration menu to see what the heck it is looking at.

thanks lance. it wasnt necessarily cause neither of us didnt want to. a big part of the problem was that most of the time i was fairly focused on trying to fly my glider cross country, and she was supportive of that to the point where giving her a ride in the blanik was pushed aside.
Tony, I'm glad you finally took her. :yes: A lot of guys are very envious of you in that you have a lady who is so interested in your flying, as well as being so supportive. :) The pictures are great! I'm glad that Leah enjoyed her flight.

One question: Why is Leah smiling in every picture she's in except the only one where Tony's smiling???

Tony, expect this.... when you're fifty, she's gonna look twenty-five. When you're sixty, she's still gonna look twenty-five. It's sad to see a young, beautiful girl hitched to an old fart who just can't... well, never mind.

:D
I was going to ask if that was his daughter. Man she looks 13. (That'll be a complement one day):)

Back