Lead North, Lag South?

denverpilot

Tied Down
Display Name

Display name:
DenverPilot
I don't know what to make of this, but pilots and other navigators are generally more interested in magnetic poles than anyone else I know.

So for your reading pleasure... Dogs align themselves with magnetic lines when pooping. Apparently.

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/d...selves-to-earths-magnetic-field-when-pooping/

Oh Internet, what would we do without you for entertainment?

Let the mag compass jokes begin!

Does this apply to Dino?

My little dog poops wherever she wants and in any direction. No tenses, no fire hydrants, ect. Just plenty of wide open poo places. Of course she is a female so directions might not be her strong suit. :rofl: :eek: ;)

Okay, kidding aside. :rolleyes:

If this were true then it stand to reason all wild coyote & wolf poo would be lined up north and south. I think I can see another grant application coming from a PhD somewhere. :rolleyes:

In the mean time I think we should elect a poo expert to begin their own poo observations. I can think of several overly qualified SZ participants! :rofl:

Last edited:
Since we already had an active dog thread, I put this there...yesterday...

I never thought about it before but two out of my three mutts do indeed orient themselves. The third one couldn't care less but he has screws in one leg so, maybe...?

The comments to the article are just as entertaining as the article itself!

We don't have a dog at the moment, just the cat, which uses the toilet. No litter box.

After watching my dog the past few days, no. There's no alignment during doodie duty.

I agree with you, Ed. When I read the article and thought about it, I would've sworn that two of mine always align. But, after walking them twice a day every day since and observing, they don't.

After watching my dog the past few days, no. There's no alignment during doodie duty.

Could be magnetic deviation.
Are there other animals in the area that could be throwing your dog off a little?

Back