Lawsuit filed in Houston Jet Crash

Dave Siciliano

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Siciliano
Dallas morning news carried an article today I didn't see on ANN or elsewhere.

It's regarding the Houston crash in 2004 where a charter jet was flying down to pick up George Bush. The family filed against the charter operator, the charter operator's business owner and the estates of each of the two pilots that were flying the plane.

Dave

Dave Siciliano said:
Dallas morning news carried an article today I didn't see on ANN or elsewhere.

It's regarding the Houston crash in 2004 where a charter jet was flying down to pick up George Bush. The family filed against the charter operator, the charter operator's business owner and the estates of each of the two pilots that were flying the plane.

Dave

Now is that the crash where the pilots tracked a VOR instead of the ILS and hit a pole or something?

If it is - who are they gonna sue? The person that made the pole? Or the person that dared to actually have a different navaid situated within reception distance of the approach path?

Sigh.

oh - guess I should have read the post more closely....why are the family members of the pilots gonna sue the estates of the pilots?

SkyHog said:
oh - guess I should have read the post more closely....why are the family members of the pilots gonna sue the estates of the pilots?

Its a plane, it crashed, they won the lottery. Sigh. :mad:

I would love to protect my wife against that kind of thing. But there is no product available, I checked.

I'm sorry I wasn't clear. It was the family of the flight attendant on board that sued. I'd have to see the actual filings to see what the basis of the suit is. This was just in the morning paper.

And yes, that is the plane that allegedly had the incorrect navaid tuned in. I would guess the family would claim negligence against the pilot's estates. Same for the Charter operator and owner for not maintaining or monitoring pilot proficiency. Possibly, faulty equipment. I'll see if the papers are on the district court's site.

Dave

Well now that makes things a lot clearer. FA has no liablity here at all.

Hey y'all, ANN posted more depth on this today if you'd like to check there. I'm not supposed to copy their stuff.

It kind of points out what we suspected; pilots errored, weren't as current as they should have been, employer wasn't properly monitoring. Never would have guessed!!

Dave

Back