Lawnchair Larry enters the drone world...

That would be an awesome way to blow the leaves off my yard and into my neighbor's!

I think the black socks make the video.

I didn't know he was German. :lol:

Did anybody notice he had proper lights installed? I saw position and strobe lights. :)

10-minute endurance would get me to work (faster than navigating the maze of retarded idiots on the ground) but then it would need to charge all day for me to be able to get back home. Would I need am ADS-B Out transponder? LOL

Looks like un upside down riding mower,wonder how it is for acro?

Good God, that frame needs A LOT of work. It's obviously distorted over that ~6 minute run.

I'll bet that thing auto rotates real well when all those batteries die at once….

Good God, that frame needs A LOT of work. It's obviously distorted over that ~6 minute run.

I'll bet that thing auto rotates real well when all those batteries die at once….

I believe the gentleman on bottom absorbs a lot of the energy at impact to prevent damage to the motors.

Is the umbrella a DIY BRS?

I always wondered what Ron Popiel et al did with all the surplus vegamatic/juicers/Magic Bullets left over from TV Pitches. Now I know. :eek:

Cheers

I remember when the Wright Brother's first plane flew non-stop coast to coast also.

I remember when the Wright Brother's first plane flew non-stop coast to coast also.

Umm, that's not anywhere near the first helicopter, nor is it the first steel frame.

It's known how to do that right. The guy in question just doesn't know how to do an adequate job.

It's going to break, and the result may be very bloody, as it sure doesn't look like he built in any safeguards at all.

It's going to break, and the result may be very bloody, as it sure doesn't look like he built in any safeguards at all.

Not true! Look at that DAPS chute! Already open! What could be safer than that?

That and the umbrella.

That umbrella is an important safety feature. In case one of the blades liberates it will deflect it away from the human head.

In all seriousness I want one! That's pretty cool.

Umm, that's not anywhere near the first helicopter, nor is it the first steel frame.

It's known how to do that right. The guy in question just doesn't know how to do an adequate job.

Ok, Mom...we were just trying to have fun.... :lol::lol::lol:

That and the "umberlla" hat and the foam blocks under the seat (floatation, crash protection?)

The issue is I don't think he ever got into translational flight. He's essentially built an inefficient hovercraft with very small lift fans.

Last edited:
That and the "umberlla" hat and the foam blocks under the seat (floatation, crash protection?)

The issue is I don't think he ever got into translational flight. He's essentially built an inefficient hovercraft with very small lift fans.

So? He built it, I've never seen one like it, and it flies!

Amazon Drone delivery guy in training!!!

"Natural Selection" will be at work shortly !

Cheers

From a guy who builds and flies drones: Straighten out the air frame. Parts of your system are working against each other.
Other than that, carry on, have fun, and good luck.

Back