Laughlin/Bullhead City

Nice pics! If only that wing wasn't in frame... ;-)

You're still a kid. Did you make it to Ryan this morning?

I decided to sleep in. I wake up at 5AM for work everyday and needed some sleep. I’ll likely make the flight tomorrow or this weekend with my dad. Maybe file IFR like Walt recommended.

For planning purposes, its supposed to be really windy tomorrow. Monsoon is coming too, according to the forecast.

For planning purposes, its supposed to be really windy tomorrow. Monsoon is coming too, according to the forecast.

Yea I noticed that earlier this week...maybe early morning will be good. If not I got the weekend.

When we lived in AZ we went to Lake Powell for a week every year for around 8 years. We went in every month from May to September. Every afternoon a big thunderstorm would blow through with lots of wind and lightning. Not a big deal once we knew to be off the lake and have our tent set up by early afternoon.

The part we thought was funny was when we’d talk to any local about the storms they’d always say ‘you just happened to be here during Monsoon Season’. Seems like the longest Monsoon Season of any place we’ve lived or visited.

Back