Latest version of Firefox..SpellBound not working

Diana

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Diana
Since getting the latest version of FireFox (1.5.0.4) I can't get SpellBound to upload. I love that spellchecker and miss it. Any suggestions? I'd be happy to go back to the old version of Firefox if I have to, in order to get my spellchecker back.

How do you find the previous version of Firefox?

Thanks!

Diana said:
Since getting the latest version of FireFox (1.5.0.4) I can't get SpellBound to upload. I love that spellchecker and miss it. Any suggestions? I'd be happy to go back to the old version of Firefox if I have to, in order to get my spellchecker back.

How do you find the previous version of Firefox?

Thanks!
Diana, when you update FF you have to uninstall spellbound and then reinstall it for it to work. About the only thing I do not like about FF.

cherokeeflyboy said:
Diana, when you update FF you have to uninstall spellbound and then reinstall it for it to work.
Oh, OK. Sounds like a good plan. How do I uninstall SpellBound? :redface:

Did you get SpellBound to work for you with the latest version?

Thanks. :)

Diana said:
Oh, OK. Sounds like a good plan. How do I uninstall SpellBound? :redface:

Did you get SpellBound to work for you with the latest version?

Thanks. :)

While FF open, Tools,Extensions, click to highlight spell... click uninstall.
close ff. open it again reinstall spell....

Spell bound working fine, now if I can only remember to use it more often. I end up editing far too many posts.

cherokeeflyboy said:
While FF open, Tools,Extensions, click to highlight spell... click uninstall.
close ff. open it again reinstall spell....

Spell bound working fine, now if I can only remember to use it more often. I end up editing far too many posts.
Well, it still won't let me install it and says it's not compatable with the latest version. I hate to be such a big dummy, but am open to suggestions.

I even tried Aspellfox and can't get that to work either.

Thanks for your help. :) I mis mi spelchequer.

Diana said:
Well, it still won't let me install it and says it's not compatable with the latest version. I hate to be such a big dummy, but am open to suggestions.

It is not you, I could not get it to work after going to version 1.5 either. I had been able to manually upgrade Spellbound after other Mozilla updates

Diana said:

You might need
Nightly Tester Tools to force the application to believe an extension is compatible with the current version and enable it.

This extension adds a few extras useful to those that regularly test nightly builds of Firefox, Thunderbird and the Application Suite.

This extension now works on branch builds of Firefox and Thunderbird.

Features:

* Allows you to install incompatible extensions.
* Allows you to force the application to believe an extension is compatible with the current version and enable it.
* Allows copying the build identifier and a list of installed extensions to the clipboard.
* Adds a toolbar button to let you insert the build identifier into the current text box (Not supported in the Application Suite).
* Lets you customise the title bar to include the build identifier and other information.
* Provides talkback integration allowing you to quickly view recent incidents as well as a sidebar that shows all incidents still on your machine (you may be surprised at just how many there are).
* Adds a simple interface for parsing nspr log files for leaks.

http://users.blueprintit.co.uk/~dave/web/firefox/buildid/index.html

cherokeeflyboy said:
You might need
Nightly Tester Tools to force the application to believe an extension is compatible with the current version and enable it.

This extension adds a few extras useful to those that regularly test nightly builds of Firefox, Thunderbird and the Application Suite.
I tried that and got the message that it wasn't compatible with the new version of Firefox. I also did the about:config thing and that's not the problem.

Finally after a search I found this:

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=351130

and downloaded it and it worked!

The dictionary didn't work at first, but then I found where you have to click on the box in the lower left hand side to verify which language when the spell check box was open.

Thanks for your suggestions. :)

I'm not going to update Firefox for awhile...it's a nuisance to have to go through all this.

Back