Latest version of Firefox (Firefox/2.0.0.13)

ScottM

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
iBazinga!
I updated yesterday and have had nothing but problems. I keep getting a runaway Firefox process. It sucks up 100% of the processor compute cycles and then locks up the application. I have to do a hard shutdown of the app. Be aware!

BTW this is on Windows XP

I updated yesterday and have had nothing but problems. I keep getting a runaway Firefox process. It sucks up 100% of the processor compute cycles and then locks up the application. I have to do a hard shutdown of the app. Be aware!

BTW this is on Windows XP

I'm using 2.0.0.13 and WinXP. No problems here. :fcross:

-Skip

I just downloaded it this morning. I was using Netscape on this machine but they have been popping up a window saying it is no longer supported.

So far so good. How soon after you started using it did you see these problems?

Joe

Check your Firefox extensions. If you still have trouble disable as many as possible.

'tis all good here on XP and FF 2.0.0.13 (so far)

Still lots of crashes. Looks like it happens mostly when I click a link that is in a newspaper web site. I am wondering if there is some sort of cookie tracking issue going on?

Still lots of crashes. Looks like it happens mostly when I click a link that is in a newspaper web site. I am wondering if there is some sort of cookie tracking issue going on?

Try updating your flash extension, ie. Adobe Flash.

Install Adblock and you won't see flash.

Install NoScript and you'll see even less, but blocking scripts can drive you nuts if you forget you're doing the blocking.

Last edited:
Create a new profile (Start > Run > firefox.exe -P > <Enter>). The new profile won't have any of your extensions or bookmarks, but you'll be able to tell if it is Firefox or some random extension that you've installed.

Updated the add ins, and flash. I am getting an LDAP security message every once and while. I have no idea what that is except it is related to the firewall somehow.

Try running it in Safe Mode. It installs an entry for Safe Mode in the Program Files -> Mozilla Firefox by default. All it does is "firefox.exe -safe-mode"

Back