Latest Transient Parking Situation at MYF (San Diego Montgomery)

Fearless Tower

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Fearless Tower
San Diego/SoCal peeps: what’s the latest situation for multi-day transient parking at MYF?

I may be there for 2 weeks this month.

Used to be based there but that was over 10 years ago.

When I’ve flown there from out of town in the past, I always parked at Gibbs, but I understand Gibbs is gone now. Is the Gibbs FBO building and ramps now just Plus One and the other club/school planes?

Is Crown the best option these days?

Last edited:
You can park on the big transient ramp but there is a daily charge (don’t know what it is). I’d call CrownAir and ask about options with them and on the transient ramp - which may be the same thing. They are very nice at the front desk.

Mr. Lum, @Tantalum , white courtesy phone please
Pretty much this, Rudy covered it well:

You can park on the big transient ramp but there is a daily charge (don’t know what it is). I’d call CrownAir and ask about options with them and on the transient ramp - which may be the same thing. They are very nice at the front desk.

I always parked at Gibbs, but I understand Gibbs is gone now. Is the Gibbs FBO building and ramps now just Plus One and the other club/school planes?
Gibbs is now 'Executive' but is actually part of Crown. The building is mostly ATP actually, Plus One has a little section at the back but there are some trailers now next to it also part of ATP. The ramp is mostly Plus One but there's a fair bit of other people there now. Having said that, there are a few privately owned planes out there and I usually see some transients hanging around as well

Incidentally, 'Gibbs Service Center' as a maintenance entity still exists, over by Sleepy Hollow and the Stearman Ale House

Back