Status
Not open for further replies.

pmanton

En-Route
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
N1431A
Has anyone gotten the latest Moderna shot?
We got ours 3 days ago. Yesterday I was sicker than a dog. Wife not so much.
I wonder if this is usual. I don't remember any reaction from the earlier shots.

I got the Pfizer version (3 weeks ago). Wasnt't a big deal. But man that second Shingrix- I was down, for 48 hours.

We got the previous version in early Sept. My wife was fine. I was out for 3 days. Hit me very hard. Still no regrets.

I got both the flu shot and Moderna booster at the same time. No systemic effects from either but the Moderna arm was more sore for a day or two.

I agree: Shingrix was worse than either but also more arm soreness than anything else.

Medically I think all are the smartest thing to do.

I've had three or four doses if Pfizer with no ill effects and one dose of Moderna that took me out for 48 hours.

Has anyone gotten the latest Moderna shot?
We got ours 3 days ago. Yesterday I was sicker than a dog. Wife not so much.
I wonder if this is usual. I don't remember any reaction from the earlier shots.

you didn't get sick you got sick-like symptoms

RNA vaccine, remind me again how much testing went into them?
Oh now you've done it!

I've never had a booster. At my last physical, my doctor felt there was no need.

Dr Jetelina has proven to be a very no-nonsense, clear thinking, largely apolitical and inscrutably honest provider of vaccination information for all the respiratory diseases. Give her a read!

Attachments

• IMG_3820.jpg
    IMG_3820.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
...Give her a read!...
There are many contrary opinions. We all don't have to agree on this. The main point, to me, is it shouldn't be compulsory. The boosters so far aren't. Before boosters is a different story.

There are many contrary opinions. We all don't have to agree on this
The same is true for, say, immigration, abortion, religion, and a host of other issues. If we’re to imply “contrary opinions” are “equally valid opinions”, as seems to be the case here, then we need to be consistent across the board, including on those and others. Then again (as I’ve quoted before):

“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." Asimov "A Cult of Ignorance", Newsweek, Jan. 21, 1980

The main point, to me, is it shouldn't be compulsory.
Again, we need to be consistent. It’s in the common good AS WELL AS the personal good for people to be vaccinated, whether one believes it or not. Should we say it shouldn’t be compulsory to drive on the right side of the road in the US? There’s something bigger than me, like it or not.

Not trying to be argumentative.

I got the latest booster Wednesday. I didn’t think to ask the manufacturer.

As usual, no side effects other than a slightly sore arm. Though I’m generally pretty healthy, just being 74 puts me in a fairly high risk group, so I think it’s best to take all precautions.

My wife has a reaction to the Modena booster for 3 days.

I had the original COVID, before vaccines came out. It sucked bad. Got the 2 dose Pfizer when it became available. First was 2 days feeling like crap, not as bad as COVID, but flu-like. Second was 18 hours of feeling intense COVID symptoms, it was terrible. Screw the booster. I know I might regret it.

I stopped doing flu shots about 20 years ago. I’d be down for 2 days. I figure that’d be 40 days of down time. I got the flu once over that 20 years and was out for about 3-4 days. 40 days vs 4. I will probably rethink as I get older.

Last edited:

Again, we need to be consistent. It’s in the common good AS WELL AS the personal good for people to be vaccinated, whether one believes it or not. Should we say it shouldn’t be compulsory to drive on the right side of the road in the US? There’s something bigger than me, like it or not.

Do you think that the way Typhoid Mary was treated was appropriate and ethical?

Just trying to see how easily you give up the personal liberties of other people.

I got the Pfizer version (3 weeks ago). Wasnt't a big deal. But man that second Shingrix- I was down, for 48 hours.
Concur. My wife got the Moderna the last time around and had a reaction like @pmanton describes. I've never had a problem with Pfizer, but I remember being laid up with the second shingrix too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back