Late Spring Here

AKBill

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
AKBill
Tami and I were talking today, spring has not hit yet. Temps in the mid 40's still. Have not seen the birds we normally see by now.

No Stellar Blue Jays, no Humming birds, no Wrens, a few Robins. Eagles, Ravens and Crows everywhere, the birds that migrate have not shown up yet. Maybe next week temps suppose to be close to 60F.

Bird feeder is full, just no customers...:(

It was warm enough today in klawock I saw a bunch of skeeter eaters. I am hoping we have a summer better than last.

This year has been unusual here too, but in a nice way. Most years we switch from the heater to the A/C in the course of a day. It will be winter (40ish), then all of a sudden, it is summer ( 80ish). So far this year, we haven't had to run the heat since early March and have not run the A/C at all yet this year. Opening windows has been fine. I keep waiting to get up one day in the '60s and it be in the high '90s by noon.

Im out flying the pus today - is this your bird Bill? Thought I remembered you saying you had a musketeer.

Attachments

• 6F43AEDF-363A-42A9-AA1A-769A45C42348.jpeg
    6F43AEDF-363A-42A9-AA1A-769A45C42348.jpeg
    111 KB · Views: 25
Snow geese left this week headed north. hummies never left this year, they have been feeding off our feeder all winter, Eagles have thinned out, there were over 10,000 wintered over in the Skaget valley this winter. (yes they do count them) many of them follow the geese.

Im out flying the pus today - is this your bird Bill? Thought I remembered you saying you had a musketeer.
That's my little Beech. Missed out on flying yesterday. Fog in the morning, got busy and never made it to the airport. Turned out to be a real nice afternoon. Looked real nice in Klawock yesterday as well...:)

What's the pus? Is that the Plautus, Seaplanes just bought?

Last edited:
That's my little Beech. Missed out on flying yesterday. Fog in the morning, got busy and never made it to the airport. Turned out to be a real nice afternoon. Looked real nice in Klawock yesterday as well...:)

What's the pus? Is that the Plautus, Seaplanes just bought?

Yep, but it’s not Seaplanes. Seaplanes can’t afford me ;)

I'm up at 3,500' at the house. Its just Arizona in the spring. One day I'll be rich and can afford a summer home someplace cooler.

Back