Last Mile (or 5)

Daniel Karol

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Past-Zero
Hi Everyone,

Fist post on PoA, Tried to find a previous thread but didn't quite know the search terms to use.

What light electric or human powered vehicles/tools do you use to close the last mile?

I'm thinking of picking up a UL 2271/2272 compliant E-scooter, electric off-road longboard or similar device that I can tote around in the back of the plane.

Uber/Lyft worked great before lockdown in many areas but there were some places that left me waiting around for hours...

I'm looking to move 3 people about 5 miles to town and 5 miles back to the airport. I have about 100lb to dedicate to this endeavor

Any insight could be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan

I've been thinking about an electric unicycle. Onewheels are popular with the bush plane crowd but the unicycles tend to have better range. Of course you'd need three of them...

Maybe consider walking? You may actually gain some useful load if done enough...

That's a great idea unless I'm going to lunch and it's a 95º day to take that mile walk in. But I agree a walk or even a folding bike works.

I'm trying to watch my boyish figure so my wife will want to watch it too ... :D

Maybe consider walking? You may actually gain some useful load if done enough...

I did that plenty enough due to lockdown. I’m now at the point where it really wouldn’t be super healthy to keep going in that direction.

We're looking at the Inokim Light 2 folding electric scooter for the same last mile purpose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

We have and use fold up bikes, and electric scooters. The electric scooters (etow) are good for the city, while the fold up bikes (montague/ciizen) work best for country roads. 20A3BE70-708E-4E9C-A250-AD298A543ABA.jpeg 0610A08C-F229-486A-8401-E7DD61248124.jpeg

Back