Last call for Michiganians.... :)

T Bone

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
T Bone
Today (I'm not there :D ) and tomorrow (barring bad weather, I will be....) there is a Blues festival at KJXN. It's at the airport (they have a decent restaurant too) and the FBO will be open until 8:00 (so I've heard, if that matters, please call to verify). It is free. How often do you get such a unique fly in opportunity? I'll be there in a blue on white 152, N89647. Parking should probably be the same as for the restaurant, by the terminal building. The festival takes place on the grass just south of the admin. bldg.

Friday - Saturday, Jun 3-4, 2005 — Jackson, MI. </B>(Local Weather) Blues Festival. Jackson County Airport (JXN) (Airport Data - Sectional - Weather), Free Blues Festival at the airport. Friday 3rd 6:00 p.m. to midnight, Saturday 4th noon to midnight. Many bands. Contact: Cindy Hayden 517-796-9368, slippeddiscproductions@yahoo.com

If you come by, look me up. I'll be the one who looks a bit like the guy in the avatar pic B) .

T Bone,

What time are you going to JXN? I may swing by KVLL(old7D2) for their pancake breakfast from 9:00-11:30am. Then maybe JXN. Muskegon(KMKG) is also having a mini-airshow and breakfast. I'm torn.
Gary

Good question Gary. I don't get the plane until noon, so I'll be missing the breakfasts. I want Xc time, and Jackson is short, so after pre flight, I'll depart 1D2 and fly beyond Jackson, probably to Marshall unless the wind favors North or South of Jackson. Probably just a touch and go, then on to JXN. I'll probably get lunch at the terminal restaurant, and I'd guess that'll be around 2:00. So, music time by 2:45 or so. I'll try to keep an eye towards the ramp for your Commander (that's burgandy/maroon on the lower, right?).

Hope to see you there (I've got a beard and pony tail if that'll help.... and probably be wearing a black tee shirt).

T Bone said:
Good question Gary. I don't get the plane until noon, so I'll be missing the breakfasts. I want Xc time, and Jackson is short, so after pre flight, I'll depart 1D2 and fly beyond Jackson, probably to Marshall unless the wind favors North or South of Jackson. Probably just a touch and go, then on to JXN. I'll probably get lunch at the terminal restaurant, and I'd guess that'll be around 2:00. So, music time by 2:45 or so. I'll try to keep an eye towards the ramp for your Commander (that's burgandy/maroon on the lower, right?).

Hope to see you there (I've got a beard and pony tail if that'll help.... and probably be wearing a black tee shirt).

I was going to say I don't think you look much like you pic... Ok... maybe I'll stop by in the afternoon if I can't find any better place to be. I was thinking about Muskegon too... of Gladwin... or Macknaw Island... I still haven't figued it out.

Melissa

Back