Last call -- come party with us Saturday!

Bit out of the way for us Jay, but we'll see you at the show!

Hey -- we've got two local microbrews (Millstream Brewing) on tap -- a nice amber lager, and a sweet little hefeweizen.

Need I say more? You've now got two EXCELLENT reasons to go out of you way a bit....of course, you'd have to spend the night, or have a "designated pilot" on board...

:smile:

Hey Jay, I hope you're getting all those planes in hangars. Looks like you've got a bit of a storm bearing down on you. Trying to get a jump start on Oshkosh, huh?

Attachments

• DVN_0.png
    DVN_0.png
    34.6 KB · Views: 27
Hey Jay, I hope you're getting all those planes in hangars. Looks like you've got a bit of a storm bearing down on you. Trying to get a jump start on Oshkosh, huh?

We got pummeled pretty good last night, but no hail.

And today is bright, warm, low-humidity sunshine! Yee-hah! Time to go tap the beer...

:smile:

Hey Jay!

Well, weather kept us in TN until after lunch on Saturday. Then a 35knot headwind kept our groundspeed below 75. when we realized we weren't going to make it to OSH by 8pm, we "diverted" to Iowa City. We finally made it over to your place about 8:30pm. You're staff was EXCELLENT, especially since we weren't paying customers! We borrowed a 10x10 spot of your grass, setup a tent and hit the sack about 10pm. We met a few guys who hadn't turned in.

Sunday morning, we broke "camp" (also known as your parking lot) at 6:00am and caught a ride back to the airport from one of the guys we met the night before. We loaded up and headed out by 7:30am.

Jay, I stopped by your plane 4 times as I went by in the North 40, but never caught you at "home". After talking with you on RAP, RAS and now POA, I wanted to finally meet you and thank you for the hospitality. Maybe next year we can actually make the party! (and I'll pay for a room!).

BTW, you have a great thing going with your hotel.....the pool and lobby are very nice! (and you have soft grass).

thanks again!

jf

Last edited:
Back