Las Vegas Spring Cup Race

AKBill

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
AKBill
Any POA members going to Las Vegas Spring Cup race in March? If you are and would like to meet up PM or email me. We will be RV camping at the track for 5 days. Would enjoy meeting with POA members.

Trying to figure it out, as a Nascar race has always been on my bucket list. If weather is good, possibly fly in Saturday and back home on Monday morning.

I assume fly into North Vegas (VGT), but haven't spent enough time looking at best options.

VGT will be your best option for the Speedway, unless you can get permission to land at Nellis! Henderson is too far away and you have to drive through Vegas. You don't want to be anywhere near McCarren. If you need a rental car upon arrival, you may need to pre-coord for VGT or press with HND.

I think they have operation RED FLAG at Nellis the week of the races. Red Flag is a war game type operation all types of fighters, tankers,.... coming and going all week. The RV area is at the end of the runway, exciting and noisy watching the planes take off and land.

Yes, I believe Red Flag is in town. So it could get a bit noisy at times.

Back