Larger Aerobatic Training Ops?

455 Bravo Uniform

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
455 Bravo Uniform
Buddy and I looking to do a “guys trip” somewhere and get our tailwheel endorsement. Also considering acro/upset training, and if it came with the tailwheel endorsement, that’s icing on the cake. Looking for a long weekend or a few weekdays (3-4) time.

I wanted to find a bigger operation that would minimize the risk of a sole-plane/pilot operation being down due to unforeseen circumstances. Plus we could both be flying separate planes at the same time, without one of us waiting on the ground.

Sightseeing, evening activities are a bonus. He’s in Houston, I’m between Chicago and Indy. We’re both willing to travel wherever and get away for a while.

Any suggestions as to big aerobatics operations that we could look into?

How big a bang do you seek? There is an operation in Santa Fe, NM run by Larry Salgonak (sp?) that offers acro and upset training in props and jets...yes, jets!! They were very helpful and professional. Because of a personal issue we did not transact business but when if my issue clears they will have a new customer.

There are several places you can undergo training in T-6, P-51, and a bunch of other tail draggers. A tail wheel checkout is a great addition to your skill set!

Best regards

Back