Laptop Right click problem

AdamZ

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Adam Zucker
Out of the blue ( It always happens that way) the right click on my Dell Inspiron 6000 lap top has stopped working. Its really putting a crimp in my copy and pasting. I reset the defaults in the control panel ( The default setting is the short cut menu). But no help. The only thing I did that may have done is pop the battery out to see if it was one of the ones Dell was recalling. I logged off and it may have shut down but not turned off but I don't think thats it. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
AdamZ said:
Out of the blue ( It always happens that way) the right click on my Dell Inspiron 6000 lap top has stopped working. Its really putting a crimp in my copy and pasting. I reset the defaults in the control panel ( The default setting is the short cut menu). But no help. The only thing I did that may have done is pop the battery out to see if it was one of the ones Dell was recalling. I logged off and it may have shut down but not turned off but I don't think thats it. Any thoughts?
I've had the button just wear out on my HP laptop. But since you opened it up you might have pushed the circuit board underneath out of alignment with the button on top. Try opening it up again and see if you can gently nudge the board a little.

I was able to get a replacement trackpad on eBay.

In the meantime Ctrl-C to copy, Ctrl-V to paste.

Last edited:
The track pad works fine. If I wore out the right click button is that a major replacement thing or can I do it my self?

AdamZ said:
The track pad works fine. If I wore out the right click button is that a major replacement thing or can I do it my self?
You'll find guys selling broken laptops and laptop parts on eBay. Look for your model number. You can bid on a non-functioning laptop, the keyboard part, or the button assembly part if somebody's offering that.

Mine was a Buy-it-now at $15.

Back