laptop Can't find printer again.

AdamZ

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Adam Zucker
Dang it. I hooked up another printer to my desk top ( an epson Stylus C86) loaded the softwear on to the desktop and have been trying to get my laptop to print trhough it via the wireless. I installed it on the desktop but I can't get it to print remotely from the laptop.

On the laptop I go to Control panel and then click printers/faxes and click add a new printer then go through the add a printer wizard and click find a printer attached to another computer and click browse and then when it goes to populate the list all I get is one that says

" Microsoft Windows Network" there is a tiny + sign there but it won't drop down. Anything you suggest? Yes I did click share computer on the desktop.

Edit: Turned off Windows firewall I seem to recall that worked last time.

Last edited:
Double check to make sure that the desktop computer and the laptop computer are on the same workgroup. Usually makes things a little easier.

Some printers won't work over a network connection. Or the bloatware that Epson provided may disable it.

Or, the Epson does its rendering in the local machine, meaning that Epson's bloatware must be installed on every machine that may want to print....

After checking Ed's suggestion, you might see if the Epson support site has an FAQ or other instructions for printer sharing.

Back