Lapsed SI a problem for new exam?

Mycroft17

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Mycroft17
Got my last Third class exam two years ago (4/15/19). Had to get an SI due to a couple minor conditions. Cert says not valid after 4/3/2020, and I had instructions on what to submit for renewal.

Well, Covid happened and I wasn't going to be flying anyway, so I didn't see my regular doctor to get the forms updated and I didn't send them to OKC.

Now it's coming up on two years since the initial exam. If I want to start flying again, I'll need a new exam. Is there going to be an issue since I didn't submit the info to renew the SI? I'll make sure I have all that with me when I go for the new exam.

TIA

So get the exam, wait for OKC to request additional information, send it to them, then get the SI? That's what happened last time.
If you have the SI authorization letter, look at the specifications on what items and documentation you would have gathered and sent in during a "normal" renewal.

Bring that with you to the AME. Good chance providing that "up front" may shorten the delay.

Just obtain what the SI Auth letter sez to present. But know that FAA knows you weren’t in a hurry to stay qualified and so won’t be in a great hurry to process the renewal. It’s “how it is”....

Basic Med is the answer. What was the question again? :p

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back